Suggestions for Austin home birth midwife? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-18-2010, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and excitedly exploring home birth for my second child. Please give me any recommendations you have for an Austin home birth midwife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-18-2010, 09:15 PM

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy. Austin has a wealth of really great, experienced midwives. I used Natalie Lake and really like her. Some others that have good reputations are April Bullock (she was my back-up midwife), Illysa Foster, and Michelle Fitzgerald.
Here's a recent thread from the Texas forum on MDC on local midwives: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1220336

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#3 of 3 Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 PM

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy. Austin has a wealth of really great, experienced midwives. I used Natalie Lake and really like her. Some others that have good reputations are April Bullock (she was my back-up midwife), Illysa Foster, and Michelle Fitzgerald.
Here's a recent thread from the Texas forum on MDC on local midwives: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1220336
Also, you should check out your due date club over in the I'm pregnant forum. It's really fun, it's all women who are due in the same month, and on this website probably about half of them will be planning homebirths.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page