Thanks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2002, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CircleOfLifeMidwife - some more info - with baby #2 I did have dilation as early as 30 weeks and was 5cm for 3 weeks before he was born at 37 weeks. I have called my midwife and am awaiting her return phone call. I appreciate the thought and time you put into your response and will keep you updated. I will be seeing my MW tomorrow night for class anyway so she'll get to see me then as well.
I also believe that incompetent cervix is a horrible term - not unlike miscarriage - a term that makes it sound as if the woman or her body has failed.
I am very much into positive thinking. When I had my first episode over 2 weeks ago I told myself and belived and it was only an isolated incident. I am in very good physical condition and in addition to my part time day job I am a personal trainer. Which is great because I am in good physical shape but I also spend quite a bit of time on my feet. If dilation is occuring I would stop training my clients and probably quit my part time job a little early and spend more time focusing on keeping this little babe inside. Right now my life is a bit busy and this may be my body's way of telling me that it is time to settle down.
Thanks again,
Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3

User Tag List