Homebirthers, my first time, nervous, but excited! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We plan our first homebirth in Nov. and are very excited but, a little nervous. I read throgugh all the birth stories which are so helpful and nourishing to me. I just wrote a blog post seeking other homebirthers to share their stories. I guess I wrote it becuase my blog is like my online journal and I appreciate re-reading other's stories it is helpful in my journey. Of course, if you felt more comfortable you could pm your comments, but generally I'm posting because I want to get to know more homebirthers personally. If you have time, do drop me some words of encouragement!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Bringing Birth Home on facebook is great, if you want more stories. I would also recommend Spiritual Midwifery or Baby Catcher.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#3 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 02:32 PM

We are due in the next couple weeks (first baby) and planning a home birth (maybe water - we'll see)! I am actually excited for birth, not that I don't expect it to be painful but I do know it will be beautiful and our little one's birthday which is so amazing. I only know a few besides the other couples in our birth class with our midwives that have had homebirths...most people look at my husband and I like we're crazy when we tell them our plans of a homebirth.

Waldorfknitmama - when are you due?
#4 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 03:12 PM

Hi mama,
Try to take it 1 contraction at a time, and remember each contraction brings closer to meeting your baby
you can do it!

Loving wife and mama to 3 happy, healthy, home born children
#5 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Bringing Birth Home on facebook is great, if you want more stories. I would also recommend Spiritual Midwifery or Baby Catcher.
My homebirth story is featured on Bring Birth Home

Here's the link: http://bringbirthhome.com/birth-at-h...e-birth-story/

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#6 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the support mamas!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#7 of 7 Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I support your choice. Our homebirth was fabulous! Being nervous or fear of the unknown is natural, just be sure it doesn't get in the way or make you get in your head. The best thing I did for myself was to have a positive visual in my mind of our birth. I didn't watch any births via video through my pregnancy, I personally felt like a voyeur, although I know it is very positive for others to do so. Since it seems all births are so individual, (and I think too much) I didn't want to compare myself to others. I stayed clear from people who felt it was their right to tell me horror stories (blah!) and when a conversation was leaning toward that, I would just ask them to refrain.

'09   

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page