I AM SCARED :) And in early labor! Heh - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...I'm in early labor, and it's finally here! Regular contractions that are totally manageable, DD is at her Grandparents because I know she'll freak if she hears me moaning [she cries if I'm in pain] so I know she's safe + having a blast..my supplies are ready and..

I'm so terrified it's going to hurt and I won't be able to handle it. I mean, obviously it's going to HURT, but what if I completely freeze up and can't push this kid out?

I just need some positive labor vibes please

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#2 of 10 Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good luck mama! You can do it!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 10 Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 PM

ELV!!!

Will it be uncomfortable? YES! Don't try to think of it as hurting or pain, but just uncomfortable progress You can do it!

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#4 of 10 Old 06-21-2010, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If mankind survived on mom's not getting scared and not being able to push baby out during labor, I don't think we'd be here! Your body will tell you what it needs to do and do it if, you let it.

Congrats and enjoy the impending babymoon!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#5 of 10 Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
If mankind survived on mom's not getting scared and not being able to push baby out during labor, I don't think we'd be here! Your body will tell you what it needs to do and do it if, you let it.
This. I was very scared when my labor started. Then when I started just going with it, letting it happen, it was all manageable. Just think of all the billions of women who have done this before you, most without pain relief! Take it one contraction at a time, and think how each one brings you closer to meeting your baby. The more you are able to just let it happen, the faster it will go and the easier it will be. You can do it!

Me bfinfant.gifDP caffix.gif one silly 5 year old  boy blahblah.gif and a brand new babyboy.gifcd.gif  signcirc1.gifgoorganic.jpg
#6 of 10 Old 06-21-2010, 11:29 PM

Congrats, mama! Don't focus on the end product...just one contraction at a time. All you have to get through is the NEXT one! Your body is wise...listen to it and do what it says! Be in the present, not the future. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Vallere: Blessed Wife, Doula, Homeschool Mom to Ian Gray(11/20/05), Zollie Isaac(10/14/07), Anna Zophia (8/14/09):, and a GIRL coming June 2010!
#7 of 10 Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 PM

and a new YAY!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#8 of 10 Old 06-21-2010, 11:53 PM

Don't feel scared!

The pain can't be more than you because it is you.

Bring your baby into the world! You can do this!

ELVS!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#9 of 10 Old 06-22-2010, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind words

I had contractions all night 7 minutes apart, painful, and now they are growing APART instead of closer together -- I'm going to loose it!

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#10 of 10 Old 06-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You're doing a great job!!

I know resting might not be easy, but try to make yourself comfortable inbetween contx. What worked well for me was making a HUGE stack of pillows, laying down on my front (chest), with my upperbody being supported by the pillows (and my belly hanging off)- I hope that makes sense. It also is a great position if baby is posterior, to aid s/he in turning. Hang in there!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page