Other options besides wate birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-07-2002, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am expecting my second baby in November and gve birth to my daughter in Jan of 2001 at home in a water tub. I did not actually deliver i the tub but it made so nice while in major contractions. I live in a new home that has a really bad water heater and I don't think I can fill a tub for giving birth in. So any good ideas out there? My mom had me and my siblings at home and said showers were really nice I guess I could do that. Well just give me our ideas. Thanks Piesmama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2002, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I sympathize with your enjoyment of water labor... You could have your husband boil water on the stove, in huge sauce pans, to help supplement your tub- that is what we did for baby #3...

or, there are some wonderful birth pools available for rental, and they come with a heating unit- the fancy ones even come with bubbles... You can find them on line, or some midwives rent them out... They ship them to you 3 weeks or so in advance, just in case...

for baby #4, we made our own birth tub with a water bed heater to keep it warm!

If you are a shower person, a shower may work for you, but you will actually end up using more hot water up and faster than if you just fill the tub... unless you use it intermittently, between walking or rocking.

Where there is a will there is a way! I can't imagine laboring without water- I'm too spoiled...

The Lord bless you with a wonderful birth!
Zoie
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Godsbabycatchers

User Tag List