Homebirth in Arizona - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-31-2010, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in Gilbert AZ and both Sue DiSilvestro and Stephanie Soderblom have been recommended to me by Janice Bovee. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with either of them they could share with me? Thanks!
#2 of 12 Old 09-01-2010, 03:43 PM

You will probably get a better/quicker answer from the finding your tribe area for Arizona.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#3 of 12 Old 09-01-2010, 04:21 PM

i'm seeing stephanie soderbloom if you have any questions!

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#4 of 12 Old 09-01-2010, 05:02 PM

I recommend interviewing Wendi and Marinah at Freedom and the Seed. They are both lovely.
#5 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 12:29 AM

Sue DiSilvestro was my midwife for the birth of my son. She was also my BFF's midwife for two of her births, and will be attending a birth of a friend's baby any day now! Love, love, love her!

The only reason she is not my midwife this time around is because we moved to Texas. When I first found out I was pregnant I considered going back to my parents house in Chandler just so she could be my midwife!

Sue is amazing, very nurturing and kind. She has attended something like 2000 births, including 7 of her own children.
#6 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 PM

Stephanie was my doula with #2 and midwife with #3. love her! she's a very strong personality (which I like, obviously) and not so much what you would expect as far as your stereotypical midwife. have you visited her web site www.nurturingheartsbirthservices.com she has a fantastic blog.

I would also recommend Wendi Cleckner at Freedom and the Seed. I know her personally through the AZ Birth Network but have never been a client of hers. totally different personality from Steph but equally amazing.

if you're not familiar with the AZ Birth Network, check it out as well. they put on monthly "birth circles" which is a great place to meet providers and connect with other like-minded moms. www.azbirthnetwork.com
#7 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 07:50 PM

onehotmom- ty for sharing the azbirthnetwork website! can any one go to the birth circles or do you need to sign up or what?!

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#8 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumyonly1 View Post
onehotmom- ty for sharing the azbirthnetwork website! can any one go to the birth circles or do you need to sign up or what?!
anyone is welcome!

the east valley birth circle is actually held at Stephanie's office. her practice also offers a group called Nurturing New Bellies which is another great resource. I think that takes place the 2nd Tuesday of every month.

both the az birth network and nurturing hearts also have pages on facebook.
#9 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM

oh I see you're in QC. I believe there's a new birth circle down there as well too. I haven't been to that one though.
#10 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 PM

yeah i knew about the birth circle at stephanie's office since she is my midwife! lol but it's about a 40 min drive for me.. and my dh just switched back to working days this last week so i havent been able to go to one.. but i really want to! i thought the one in QC might be nice since it's close... now that i know it exists at all!

#11 of 12 Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM

Im beginning to think that only women in the East valley give birth naturally is there anyone or classes on the West side. Nothing against the East just a far drive.

#12 of 12 Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Wendi was my Midwife with #4.  Loved her!  Sue attended the birth as the second midwife because my labor was fast and she was closest to meet Wendi.  Sue was also wonderful.  I have heard good things about Stephanie, but have never met her.

Jen

Homeschooling mom to A 14, P 12, S 7, L 5 and new baby S.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page