What do you wear? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 09-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Started out in a stretchy, very comfortable simple cotton tube dress that I bought for $5 on the beach in Mexico on our honeymoon. That lasted maybe a couple of hours before I peeled it off and spent the rest of my labor completely naked. I'll start out in the same dress this time, probably, unless the house is too cold for some reason.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#32 of 39 Old 09-08-2010, 03:06 PM

I started off with a long dress-like top.

then it came off.

i put on a tankini.

then it came off.

then i wore another tankini.

then it came off.

moral of my story.

it all came off.

After a while I couldnt stand anything touching me. DUring both labors I was naked most of the time. Yes there are pics... and at the time I did not care at all... I actually dont even care now. One of the pics is in my midwife's office and all you can see if my torso/breasts/and a naked baby on top. You cant see my face but I have no problem telling people that it was me.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#33 of 39 Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 AM

Like most mamas, I was naked by transition, but before that I wore a robe. The only problem was that my belly was so big, it didn't close all the way, and I think this time I'd like something that fits better.

Any ideas on where to get a robe to fit a huge pregnant belly?
#34 of 39 Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 AM

I had my 1st 2 babes at the hossy, and I remember that the moment DS1 was born, I was pulling at the strings of the hossy gown, saying, "get this thing off, get it off!" And with DS2, I think I wanted it off just as he crowned. This time, at home, I have a photographer and a bunch of people so I am planning on having a knee length skirt for around the house, and a swim skirt with no undies for the tub and a swim suit top so it can easily be removed if/when I want it to be. I will also have a robe if I get cold. I think I will set aside some yoga pants and a comfy tshirt or tank to wear if I want that too. I say, have some options, lol.
#35 of 39 Old 09-11-2010, 10:50 PM

Nothing for my first two births. With DS I kept on a black sports bra and took it off once he was born and I got out of the tub.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#36 of 39 Old 09-13-2010, 03:29 AM

I was fully dressed in yoga pants and T-shirt and wrap top until transition last time. I remember being really self-conscious about how I looked for some bizarre reason. Once my water was broken and I was near the end I did not care at all, and all that came off except my bra.

I definitely like to have a bra on at least. I NEVER go topless... don't like it. I wore a black bra through my labour last time, except in the bath or shower, but I still put it back on after and had it on when my DD was born (in the hospital bed).

This time since I'll be at home I'll have my whole wardrobe handy, so I'm sure I'll just switch clothes a lot but I'll probably just end up in a bra again. I'll probably take it off right after the birth to nurse though. Or I could wear a nursing bra. Not sure. I'm hiring a birth photographer this time, so I'll probably ask her what's better, lol!

Mama to Gracie (2) and wife to Sean
#37 of 39 Old 09-15-2010, 12:14 AM

it depends on what i am wearing when labor starts. It has always started while i was in my house clothes tshirt and pants or skirt, and i have ended up buck naked or still wearing a shirt. in my pics last time my tank was all covered in blood so i didn't feel like sharing them anyway. i think it just depends on a lot of variables.

homebirthing,,homeschooling intactalactivist mom to 3dd jumpers.gifand 2dsbouncy.gif.babyf.gifAlways busy
#38 of 39 Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM

I just wore regular clothes until active labor hit. Then I put on a wrap style bra top and a stretchy yoga maternity skirt. Skirt came off when I got in the pool and that was it for the rest of the birth.
#39 of 39 Old 09-15-2010, 02:15 PM

http://www.fromheretomaternity.co.uk...ursing-bra-381

Something like this.

I will have my breasts covered.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page