Yeast infections and midwives? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-12-2010, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I currently am battling candida. I have jock itch/ringworm and I think I just developed a vaginal yeast infection. I have contacted a group of home birth midwives and I explained my situation and I'm waiting to see if they would consider me as a patient. Do you think it is likely that they will receive me or will they reject me more than likely?

I want to conquer this problem with yeast and hopefully have a home birth.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-12-2010, 08:04 PM

Yeast is not one of the factors that excludes women from HB in my community. They might suggest shadow care with an OB if it was severe. Hopefully you will find something similar where you are.

I thought ringworm was a fungus, not a yeast? In any case, I hope all of it clears up soon!

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#3 of 6 Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarlady View Post
I thought ringworm was a fungus, not a yeast? In any case, I hope all of it clears up soon!
Thank you for providing what you know in this situation. Ringworm is a fungus caused by yeast overgrowth. Ringworm, athlete's foot, and jock itch are all caused by the same thing but named according to where they show up on the body.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

#4 of 6 Old 09-13-2010, 12:44 AM

I have never heard of yeast excluding someone from homebirth. I have battled yeast a bit this time around, not vaginal, but in the groin area. My mw discussed treatment options with me and didn't seem to be at all concerned.
#5 of 6 Old 09-13-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracesMama View Post
I have never heard of yeast excluding someone from homebirth. I have battled yeast a bit this time around, not vaginal, but in the groin area. My mw discussed treatment options with me and didn't seem to be at all concerned.
That's good to know. The groin area stuff is what's called jock itch.
That's what I know I have for sure. I MIGHT have a vag. yeast infection too but I'm not sure yet. Thanks for sharing. It makes me feel more confident that the midwives I wrote to will accept me.

#6 of 6 Old 09-13-2010, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

I spoke to the midwife today. She left me feeling quite happy. I think things are looking good. She explained things I can do to get my yeast issues under control and recommended some natural remedies which I really appreciate. I'm already feel much better about more than likely having her for prenatal care than having an OB. I can't imagine any OB I've ever heard of taking 10 minutes (at least) to ask about my issues and explain what I can do. And the total phone call time was like 20 minutes. I've never heard of an OB staying on the phone with you for any amount of time actually. If they did take a call I imagine they would make it hurried.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page