Hi! We've decided on a homebirth for our second child, but all of the sudden, I'm getting very discouraged over the Rhogam shot issue. What my m/w has done in the past is just phoned in the Rx, but my insurance will not pay for this. I must go to the hospital ER w/DOCTOR'S orders.
I'm wondering if I shouldn't just continue to see my hospital-based m/w and her back-up dr. for these types of visits. Out-of-pocket for this shot (not going through insurance) would be out of the question financially, as our birth costs are already hitting us hard (but worth it!!!).
Has anyone continued seeing a hospital-based healthcare provider for these types of circumstances? If so, were they ok with the fact you were just seeing them for insurance reasons? Was it tense? Should I even care?
I'm also worried about Rhogam shot *after * the birth. Will I end up at the hospital (if baby's blood type requires) after all that we've done to avoid that place???? Anyone with any idea??? My h/b m/w is out of town and would normally be here to calm my freaking out!
Thanks for listening!
I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!