Homebirth Mama's March 26 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 163 Old 04-15-2004, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
THEY'RE HERE!!!!

My girls were born Good Friday, April 9. Amelie Grace was born at 11:28am and weighed 6 pounds 8 ounces. Isabella Margaret was born at 6:09pm and weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces. Yes they were over 6 1/2 hours apart and born at home!!! It was not an easy labor or birth like I hoped it would be, being at 9 cm and all. My uterus was measuring 49 cm Thursday night when I started laboring. It was very over-extended and we had to do a lot to keep it working, but gratefully I had patient midwives who were willing to wait as long as it took to get the babies out.

Pictures are up-please enjoy:
Amelie and Isabella

So far they seem to be fraternal. We think that Isabella may have even been conceived a few days before Amelie so I'm going to check out my chart.
#152 of 163 Old 04-15-2004, 08:26 PM

Amazing! Two beautiful babes born at home... I am in awe... congratulations.. That is briliant
#153 of 163 Old 04-15-2004, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Wow Kendall what a SUPER MAMA!!!
You must be so proud and they look soooo sweet! Thats amazing that they were both born so spread apart and at home!!
I cant wait to hear all your details it sounds so interesting
Blessings on your big happy family!

Tanja, mama to Raven 11, Jakob 4, Ben 2, and baby Maiya

~me~
#154 of 163 Old 04-15-2004, 11:39 PM

Congrats Kendall! I am so happy for you. What beautiful babies.
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#155 of 163 Old 04-16-2004, 12:54 AM

Congratulations Maria, cant wait to read your birth story! Thanks for sharing your beautiful birth Kimmy!!

WELCOME!! Amelie and Isabella!!!

Congratulations, Kendall!! They are beautiful, I love the pic of you and the two babes lying down. They seem so content. That is so wonderful! My cousin had boy/girl twins this morning via c-birth though.

I am getting so anxious to birth again! I am 20 weeks today, half way! Babe is giving me stronger kicks every day!!

Happy baby moons to the new moms!
Happy gestating to everyone else!!

Sarah
#156 of 163 Old 04-16-2004, 11:08 AM

Kendall, wow! That is so awesome that you were able to birth your girls just the way they were meant to be born!! They are beautiful, as are you, your older daughter, and of course your dh too! Happy babymoon to you all!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#157 of 163 Old 04-16-2004, 12:01 PM

Congratulations, Kendall! I am so happy for you that all went well and you have two more beautiful little girls to love!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#158 of 163 Old 04-17-2004, 10:54 AM

Kendall - how amazing. What strength and energy!

Tanja - that's how DD was turned and I agree; it sure makes you pay attention to your posture!
#159 of 163 Old 04-19-2004, 03:37 PM

I've been off the board for quite a while. . .congrats to the new mamas and babies (kendall, the twins are so cute!). And welcome to the new mamas.

I can't belive Karis is 4 weeks old already. (and I still haven't posted my birth story). I'm feeling really good and she is such a good baby (sleeps at least 5-6 hours most nights). And I'm still enjoying telling others about the homebirth experience. It's really been great.

Well, I'm still here, and enjoying the thread. Take care all pregnant mamas!

namaste.gif

#160 of 163 Old 04-20-2004, 06:30 PM

Hey all,

This thread is getting a bit quiet. Are we all just getting tired of talking about gestating, or what?

I had a midwife appt. today. It went really well. My husband came with me for the first time, and it was good for him to meet one of our midwives. He was also able to say that he wants to catch the baby...I think his words were, "I intend to catch the baby." LOL...kind of forward...but whatever. My midwife saw the look of "ummm I'm not so sure about this" on my face and she assured me that whichever of the midwives was there would be there to support my perineum and make sure DH didn't do anything "excitable" (like pulling it out before it's ready or whatever). I'm much more ok with this idea now.

I found out that, for today, the baby is head down. Good good. That's where I want it to be comfortable. DH has been talking to the baby right at my pubic bone for a couple of days...which is good.

My Braxton Hicks contractions are sure increasing and lasting quite a while (like a minute or more). They don't hurt, but it makes moving through them difficult (they always seem to hit when I'm walking up the stairs).

Ummm, what else? Oh, yeah. I processed more of the "trust" issues I have with my midwives and we also talked a little about the political rift between registered and non-registered midwives in B.C. I'm currently finding myself caught between the two and it is not beneficial to me and my birth at all...long story...don't really mean to get into it here...suffice it to say, it's affecting how I feel about my care and my past birth. Anyway, it was nice and I think I feel like she really hears my concerns which makes me trust her more and more. Good good good!!!

Well, as I've been typing this, my dear little 2.5 year old has climbed into a half filled laundry basket on top of our window seat and covered herself in some laundry. She is now fast asleep. I wish I had film in the camera or a digital. She is absolutely PRECIOUS!!

I'm also finding that I have to pee ALL the time now. I can't make it through the night anymore Oh well. I'm in training for newborn sleeplessness, right....

Hang in there, mamas!

Abby
#161 of 163 Old 04-20-2004, 09:53 PM

I've still got months ahead of me and I can't go more than 2 hours at night without getting up to pee. this as dd (9 mos) has slept through the night the last 3 nights!! She is just blooming - kind of hitting that - how can I do this to her thing - but then I look at DS who loves her to bits and how well he coped with this whole sibling thing. A friend came over with her toddler and newborn today and DD went nuts over the newborn - finally someone smaller than she is!!

So any of you not "planning" your homebirth. so far the plans are to have this baby at home and if she's available to have my midwife come over. That's it. We could do this alone but I LOVE my MW so that's only going to happen if this baby comes early. I need/want to share this with her because it has been such a journey from emergency c-section to hospital vbac and now at home. She needs to be part of making this circle complete - going back to our initial hopes and plans.

later ladies
#162 of 163 Old 04-20-2004, 10:18 PM

Heck - I am only 5 weeks pg and I am already waking up 3x a night to pee! UGH! It figures as soon as DD weans and starts sleeping through the night that I would go and get myself pg LOL!

Grace - photographer, wife and mom to 4 great kids (Ethan 5.00, Ainsley 4.02, Owen 12.04, and Ellis Ann 10.07) :
#163 of 163 Old 04-22-2004, 10:43 PM

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...hreadid=137923

New thread time!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page