Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

double post!

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#33 of 47 Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have two belly bands that I bought from a friend with the plan to wear one of them during labor. I thought about bikini top, sports bra, bra, etc and just thought any of them would be too uncomfortable(I'm so not a bra wearer) and harder to get off after baby is born and I want contact. So, it's either the belly band or nothing. This is also my third baby but first HB. I know from my hosp births that I won't care who sees me naked. Plus, this time I won't have any strangers!! So that's even better.  =)

~Christy, wife to M and mother to M and A, expecting baby #3 in May 2011 Planning our first HBAC!
#34 of 47 Old 01-25-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post

A black bra

you and your family are lovely! 

That is so sweet of you to say! Thank you! luxlove.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehansens View Post Esp. since I'd like lots of pictures that are shareable! :)

Definitely... it was wonderful being able to share the majority of our pictures with close family and friends

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#35 of 47 Old 01-25-2011, 06:39 AM

mdnaturalmama: Belly Bands ... now that's an idea! I have two as well. I will add them to my "wardrobe" options :-)

#36 of 47 Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM

I actually saw a belly pic on here and the mama posted that she was wearing two belly bands-one on her belly and one as a strapless "bra". It looked so stretchy and comfortable that I thought it would be perfect! So, we shall see.  =)

~Christy, wife to M and mother to M and A, expecting baby #3 in May 2011 Planning our first HBAC!
#37 of 47 Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Ooohh, I am going to have to see if that may work. That's a great idea!

#38 of 47 Old 01-26-2011, 06:19 PM

I grabbed the first stretchy exercise bra from my drawer. Since I spent most of my birthing time in the tub (and eventually birthed there) it's the only thing I can remember wearing. The midwives are truly comfortable with however you are comfortable and some times you can't predict what will be appealing in the moment. BUT this time I have a swim top because I have to admit, I picked the rattiest, tattiest exercise bra in my entire drawer and it's in all the pictures!

Afterward I was in a long loose gown that allowed for nursing. I think I too had the stretchy panties. I'll have to look for those again. I also would freeze large maxi pads spritzed with a little witch hazel which felt really good after the birth. This group of midwives recommended getting a bag of pull up, panty like incontinence garments for after the birth. Anyone ever tried those?

#39 of 47 Old 01-26-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgmommy View Post

This group of midwives recommended getting a bag of pull up, panty like incontinence garments for after the birth. Anyone ever tried those?

I read this before my home birth and it was a GREAT suggestion! My water broke to start labor (both times), so Depends were great for laboring in before I got into the pool. And afterwards, they were super comfortable and made life very easy (and non-messy!)--I stuck my frozen pads into the Depends for the first couple days and it worked great. Not terribly eco-friendly, I guess, but I was happy to have had them.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#40 of 47 Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgmommy View Post

This group of midwives recommended getting a bag of pull up, panty like incontinence garments for after the birth. Anyone ever tried those?

Yes! Very much not eco-friendly, but the Depends are amazing. I'd put a frozen pads in them pp and when the whole thing was a mess, toss it all out. 

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#41 of 47 Old 01-27-2011, 08:57 AM

With my first I had a waterbirth in the hospital.  For laboring I just wore their gowns and was naked for the birth.  Afterwords I wore their gowns as well, until it was time to go home.

With my 2nd I had a HB waterbirth.  For labor I wore a long t-shirt with no pants.  My water had broke so I didn't want to have soaked pants from leaking.  After a while I got super hot so I changed into a spaghetti strap tank top, which I then wore for the birth in the tub as well.  Afterwords I just wore a bathrobe. 

Vegetarian broc1.gifmother to wave.gif(3/09) peace.gif  (11/10) and belly.gif(4/13)

#42 of 47 Old 01-31-2011, 07:28 PM

For most of labor, I was in a long sleeve t-shirt and yoga pants (it was cool in my house).  After I got out of the shower, I put the t-shirt back on but never got back into the pants as labor really kicked in and I knew I needed to be pantsless for a while smile.gif   but I really wished I had also kept the t-shirt off.  By the time I was pushing, I was so HOT and many of my thoughts were about how I wished I could take the t-shirt OFF but was a little too busy to do it at the moment.  I ahd actually bought a binsi skirt to wear for the occassion but there was never a good opportunity to put it on.

For after the birth, I put on a pajama top and wore the mesh panties without pajama pants as I didn't want to get blood on them.

Catholic wife to S and mama to my two loveys V dd1 10/04 and G dd2 11/10 - #3 due in August 2013.  Here we go again.  homebirth.jpgwinner.jpg selectivevax.gifcd.gif

#43 of 47 Old 02-01-2011, 01:44 PM

Thanks.  I have the depends in the birth kit now.

#44 of 47 Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 PM

With my 2nd I was in just longish shirts. One was for in my birth tub and one was dry for when I got out. I was naked in my shower and didn't have bottoms on for the entire 24 hour labor. :) After I wore a nightgown unbuttoned in the front to have skin to skin with her. This time I am going to use a swim tank for in the tub and the same for the other times because it worked well for me.

#45 of 47 Old 02-03-2011, 08:29 AM

I was intending on a waterbirth, however the pool didn't cool quickly enough for me to get in it. I had taken a couple of showers early on in labor and never bothered to get dressed after the second one. So I was naked for my HB.

Mom to DD Maia (6/8/04), DS Eli (9/16/10)  and DSS Austin (4/8/96)
intactlact.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgcd.gifbroc1.gif
#46 of 47 Old 02-03-2011, 07:56 PM

haha, i was naked at the hospital but clothed at home too.  so funny!!

its not a silly question i have been obsessing about what shirt i will wear in the tub.  last home/waterbirth i just had my favorite PJ top on, you couldnt tell what was under the water in pictures.  after my first i was so tired of censoring all the new baby pictures because my big nipples where right there for the world to see when i just wanted to show off my baby!  plus in the water it helps when gripping a wet baby.  once i got out i discarded my top and just cuddled under covers naked on a chux pad.

now i want to know what earings should i wear??!!  hahaha.  i picked out a necklace and and open flower set of earrings today and am trying them out to see if i want to wear them in labor.  yes i wish this baby would come so i can stop obsessing about silly things!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#47 of 47 Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 PM

oh and totally obsessing about what hat to have ready to put on the baby once he is born.  i have some hospital hats and i dont want him to look like he was born in the hospital......i made a couple hats so he looks nothing like a hospital born babe

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page