Herbal natural childbirth Drops to prep body for labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last pregnancy my midwife out at The Farm gave me the name of an herbal preparation sold online that was to be taken in the last few weeks before EDD to prep the body for childbirth and make labor easier...

I forgot the name of it since last pregnancy and wont see my midwife again for a month or so. Does anyone have the name of similar products they can share with me? Someone else had to of used it and loved it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 PM

Not sure which specific preparation you used, but I bet it includes red raspberry leaf (which you can also brew as a tea). I add alfalfa, nettles and sometimes chlorophyll to my RRL tea, to boost my iron levels (I tend to bleed a lot). Many folks here also take evening primrose oil in the last weeks, to help "ripen" the cervix (you can take it orally or apply it vaginally).

hth

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Old 02-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Sounds like a 5 Week Formula. I take Dr. Christopher's Pre-Natal (kind of a misnomer because it's actually a 5 wk formula) but there are several others that are well regarded. Mine is in capsule form but there are others that are tinctures. These aren't just RRL but usually include cohoshes, hence the reason to only take them at the end of pregnancy.

Blessed Mama to 4 and expecting one more!

User Tag List