homebirth and Big E antibody - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2011, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

are any midwives or other homebirthing clients familiar with this?  I have the antibody "big E" and right now my titer levels are FINE at 1:1....i get the levels tested again at the beginning of May and if they go up i have to go BACK to the perinatologist for another blood flow check in the baby.  my question is at what point do you think its safe to go ahead with the homebirth vs take more precautions and birth in the hospital instead....

i know there is not a lot of info on this subject but i'm hoping with as big as the community is that SOMEONE has had some experience with this.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

bump :)

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

Old 04-05-2011, 11:34 AM

As long as your titers stay negative, the baby's risk is low, and to birth at home is no riskier than a normal pregnancy.  Only if your titers were really high would I expect the baby to be compromised at birth.  However, the potential for trouble is there.  I would say only homebirth if you are comfortable taking the baby to a doctor pretty quickly.  There is an increased risk of jaundice and anemia.  The baby should get a bilirubin and H/H check within 24 hours.  

User Tag List