My twin homebirth video - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 04-29-2011, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDteQp2mfuI

This is the birth of my fourth and fifth child/ren. They are a planned home waterbirth. They are 40w3d in gestation. I am surrounded by three midwives, my husband, my three daughters, and other friends and family. It was an amazing and wonderful birth.
Just so you know, I am having babies...so I am naked (gasp). And they come out of my vagina too. So there is that!

I just posted this last night...but you might have read it in Mothering Magazine two years ago.

Sarah B.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 04-29-2011, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Beautiful.

Thank you for sharing. 

'09   
#3 of 18 Old 05-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Thanks for sharing! Just curious...how much time was there between the first one and the second one?

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#4 of 18 Old 05-01-2011, 05:09 PM

Absolutely amazing!  You're a birthing warrior!  Thank you so much for sharing, it was a true honor to watch.

Enjoying life with DH since 05/04 and our two boys Oliver 02/07 and Theodore 07/10 

#5 of 18 Old 05-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Awesome video, thank you for sharing! It was really neat to see the photo-montage, where you can see all the people around you and their expressions.

My kids are 8, 5 and 2!
#6 of 18 Old 05-02-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post

Thanks for sharing! Just curious...how much time was there between the first one and the second one?

I am curious about this too! Awesome births!

ETA video info says 90 min apart

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#7 of 18 Old 05-03-2011, 08:04 AM

Thanks CookAMH! I guess I should have found that myself! :)

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#8 of 18 Old 05-07-2011, 04:52 PM

Awesome!! I originally saw it as it was going around facebook on birthing sites. It was awesome to see and cool because a dad watched it and commented how he'd never seen natural birth before and he felt inspired. thumb.gif

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#9 of 18 Old 05-07-2011, 05:02 PM

Wow! This is a beautiful video! Thank you for letting us all see your special moment! stillheart.gif

Amber ******

Birth Doula, Placenta Encapsulator, & Birth Photographer in Southeast Michigan

http://gentlebirthwithamber.sharepoint.com

#10 of 18 Old 06-19-2011, 06:00 PM

I've been reading through the homebirth forum for several days now in anticipation of conceiving and having our second homebirth. I have been consistently surprised at some of the attitudes I've encountered from a place I thought would be much more like-minded and trusting of women's bodies and their ability to birth with little interference most of the time -- I won't lie, there's been a time or two I've thought to myself "Well, maybe they're right...." even having had one difficult but wonderful and peaceful birth at home already. Then I came across this post and your video, and watching it has restored every bit of faith I have in the process of birth and in the inherent power of our bodies. I am currently training to be a doula with the eventual goal of becoming a midwife, and watching your serenity and focus as you share such a momentous occasion with only those you wish to just reaffirms that this is what I want to spend my life aspiring to help other women achieve. Thank you so much for sharing.

DirtyHippyMama likes this.
#11 of 18 Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 PM

I too am shocked and saddened at the attacks and general disapproval of homebirth going on in this forum. Glad to hear there are plenty of rational and positive people on here as well. :) Thanks for the reminders of that! Let's keep our voice strong. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgoddess813 View Post

I've been reading through the homebirth forum for several days now in anticipation of conceiving and having our second homebirth. I have been consistently surprised at some of the attitudes I've encountered from a place I thought would be much more like-minded and trusting of women's bodies and their ability to birth with little interference most of the time -- I won't lie, there's been a time or two I've thought to myself "Well, maybe they're right...." even having had one difficult but wonderful and peaceful birth at home already. Then I came across this post and your video, and watching it has restored every bit of faith I have in the process of birth and in the inherent power of our bodies. I am currently training to be a doula with the eventual goal of becoming a midwife, and watching your serenity and focus as you share such a momentous occasion with only those you wish to just reaffirms that this is what I want to spend my life aspiring to help other women achieve. Thank you so much for sharing.

DirtyHippyMama likes this.

#12 of 18 Old 06-19-2011, 06:25 PM

what an awesome video; thank you so much for sharing it!! love.gif 

i have twins, too, and have had a waterbirth (but not for my twins).  it was so cool to see you experiencing the magic of home/waterbirth with twins!  i WISH i could have done that (twin HB is illegal here greensad.gif).  and how awesome was it that you had time to relaxingly bond with baby A before having to get back to business!  mine are only 8 minutes apart so i had little rest between them!  and your slow-to-start baby B...i swear i was holding my breath watching this!  my water baby was slow to start, too (as were 2 of my other children)...i know it is not uncommon, but still nerve-wracking just the same!  sorry for rambling redface.gif, but thanks again for sharing!

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#13 of 18 Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post

I too am shocked and saddened at the attacks and general disapproval of homebirth going on in this forum. Glad to hear there are plenty of rational and positive people on here as well. :) Thanks for the reminders of that! Let's keep our voice strong. 

yeah, i'm starting to wish they would make the HB forum private.  irked.gif

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#14 of 18 Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Aile was shocked when she was born. She had been high inside my uterus and came down and out in one long contraction! She was breathing, just not much more then that for awhile. I haven't been on this forum in a couple of months, but it seems crazy that a homebirth forum wouldn't be full of people supporting homebirth.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#15 of 18 Old 06-19-2011, 09:23 PM

I think this will forever be one of my favorite homebirth videos.

Thanks for sharing!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#16 of 18 Old 06-19-2011, 11:17 PM

Profound and beautiful.  Thank you for posting this!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#17 of 18 Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post

I've always said homebirth is not for everyone, so if it's not for you, why come to a homebirth forum meant to inform and support women who are thinking of or have already made this choice, and spread negative energy and dissension? It seems such a pointless waste of time. The vast majority of forums and boards out there for women are geared toward the medical model of birth already, so spaces like this are relatively few and far between; it was kind of disappointing to see it being "infiltrated" in such a way. Not enough to keep me away, though. :D

#18 of 18 Old 06-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthing View Post

Aile was shocked when she was born. She had been high inside my uterus and came down and out in one long contraction! She was breathing, just not much more then that for awhile. I haven't been on this forum in a couple of months, but it seems crazy that a homebirth forum wouldn't be full of people supporting homebirth.

That was exactly why I was so dismayed to see it! Anyhow, your video made it worth lurking around and digging through the negativity. :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page