3rd Baby , 1st Homebirth! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-01-2011, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all:)~

My name is Shantel, I am 33 and this is my 3rd baby, 1st with DH! 29 weeks and having a first time homebirth!

We are excited and can't wait to meet our little boy! My first boy two. We have two girls 17 and 14! They are super excited about the baby also!

I just thought since this is something new for me and I have read ALL kinds of articles about homebirth and even watch a lot of videos, I wanted to connect to Mommy's that have done this before. I'm not scared, I'm not afraid of the pain. I know my body and what I am capable of! I just wanted to talk to others that have done this. I would love to hear advice, words of encouragement or anything else that you have to offer:)~

Shantel

#2 of 7 Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 AM

I had my first homebirth with my 3rd baby as well(also a boy). I loved it! I just had my second one 8 days ago with my DS3...again loved it.
I know everyone has different experiences with it but for us it was wonderful not to go anywhere and to be in my own bed. It was just comfortable and peaceful both times(well labor was as comfortable as labor can be) smile.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#3 of 7 Old 06-02-2011, 07:08 AM

I'm having my third child in November around the 21st (I say around because labor will present when it wants to lol) and I'm 15w 2d. I am very excited!

#4 of 7 Old 06-02-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

My story with this little one is one of heartache and happiness. Short version is Stage 4 endometrosis, 2 failed cycles of IVF, 1 vaso-vasectomy and just about 6 years later Nicholas will be here in less than 80 days :)~

I am in Nursing school going for my BSN, but ultimately I want to be a Certified Nurse Midwife. I would LOVE to assist in home birth.

I wanted a home birth because I have worked on L&D and I want something more for this wee one! He's a very wanted little man and I want to give him the best birth he could have. When I had my girls I was never given the option. I was never asked WHAT I wanted for my girls! I didn't even know you could have a homebirth 17 years ago.

Alas, I am ready for this. I am excited. I can't wait and DH is 100% involved:)~ Life has never been happier:)~

#5 of 7 Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 AM

That is so cool! I had heard of homebirth 4 years ago, when I had my son at 17, but it was so foreign and no one ever mentioned it to me. (I can only imagine why!) The fear of birthing was set into me the moment I found out I was pregnant. When I had my daughter at 19, I really wanted to go naturally. And I did wonderfully at the hospital. I didnt even really have any pain (which I found out shocked the nurses, because they put pitocin in my drip without me knowing), as I did hypnobirthing, but my OB/GYN did a painful cervix check and broke my concentration, which traumatized me and left me shaking from the pain. I ordered an epidural ASAP. This isn't what I wanted. I had even wanted a homebirth with her, but I didn't have all the resources I have now, 2 years later. I'm happy with my decision, and I hope that all goes well with your bean! I can't wait to hear your birth story! Do you plan on posting it on the birth story forum?

#6 of 7 Old 06-02-2011, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

I will post the full story once he gets here:)~

I found a loving community of Mommy's that stand behind me and DH with the MW I choose! I think that having places like this to go to and chat with women that feel the same way I do is wonderful:)~

#7 of 7 Old 06-02-2011, 11:14 AM

I completely agree! We all have two things in common. Our little ones and wanting to make things as natural as possible throughout not only pregnancy and labor, but life.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page