Favorite Post Partum Pads? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know some have recommended Adult Diapers. Uh I don't think I'd like that.irked.gif

I was actually thinking of using an actual Diaper, Like my daughter's Size 4 for that really heavy right after the birth flow. Just stickin' that down there and sitting on a Chux until I get showered and 'Pantied', and maybe using a diaper for the first couple of hours in my undies. I guess depending on how much bleeding there is the Overnight Pads would be just as good/better?

Do you like The Always or Stay Free Overnight Pads?

Is there a Good Incontinence Pad for PPBleeding?

What do you recommend?notes.gif

I loved those Mesh Panties and huge Diaper Pads in the Hospital, Shoulda Snagged Extra for my unforseen 3rd baby and Homebirth! happytears.gif Shucks! LOL They are EXPENSIVE ONLINE! Stinking cheapo disposable panties, you'd think they'd be CHEAP!

inthet.gifUgh. Not looking forward to bleeding again. The 9 months of a break from Auntie Flow really spoils you. I can't even remember how much bleeding there really is PP. I remember it's pretty heavy. I was gushing with my first. But thanks to Red Raspberry Leaf tea with My Second, the Bleeding was dramatically decreased! I want to say after the initial heavy flow RIGHT after the baby, it was a little more than a normal menstrual period and didn't last very long. Not even a week? Can't quite remember clearly...Definitely recommend RRL Tea and will be doing that again!!!!

.....Babbling....blahblah.gif

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#2 of 11 Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 PM

Natracare organic maternity pads............

#3 of 11 Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 AM

notes.gif

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#4 of 11 Old 06-03-2011, 01:23 PM

Just had my homebirth last week...my MW's birthing kit has mesh panties smile.gif but inside those I used my son's size 4 diaper with an overnight pad(frozen for pain relief)...it worked great and I really only used that for the first 24 hours, then just used regular undies with a frozen pad for another 24 hours and then switched to cloth pads which I love.
As to the regular pads I used Always overnights with wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NuzzleNudge likes this.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#5 of 11 Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 PM

You can get mesh panties for $1.40 via In His Hands.  But shipping makes it exp if you're not placing a big order.  Look for a local medical supply shop.

I'm thinkin' Depends for when I'm out of bed.  I'll just go pantiless in bed and mess up the chux pads!!!!

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#6 of 11 Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by labortrials View Post

I'm thinkin' Depends for when I'm out of bed.  I'll just go pantiless in bed and mess up the chux pads!!!!

I was thinking about that too. But Chux doesn't really absorb or contain the blood, and it would get all over my thighs and butt. Yuk. With 3 Kids I will only have so much time for showers. LOL It might be a good 'excuse' though: "Oops, I'm a mess again. Need a shower. Thanks for watching the kids! "

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#7 of 11 Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 PM

Really?  I felt like they did a good job containing the blood and keeping me fairly dry - but that was a hospital c-section. =(  And good point about the kids . . . my twins aren't quite 2 and aren't gonna understand why mommy is in bed and doesn't want everyone crawling on her!!!! =)

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#8 of 11 Old 06-03-2011, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I guess it depends if you're just sitting on the Chux, or if you wrap up in it. But  they always just made more mess for me. Whew, 2 year old twins and a newborn. Well they will be close and a well bonded little clan! That's a great gift to give your children, the gift of family and siblings they are close to. Make sure they appreciate all the work mom and dad went thru when they are older though! :D

#9 of 11 Old 06-04-2011, 02:05 PM

LOVE these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

Natracare organic maternity pads............

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#10 of 11 Old 06-04-2011, 04:44 PM

I also used a size 4 diaper but hated the mesh panties as they just kept rolling down my deflated PP tummy so I still had some very large granny panties that I had from when I was heavier and used the side 4 diaper held up by those for the first night, then my large PP pads (I used incontinence pads, they held more than pads made for mentral fluid) for the next week or so until a regular thinner pad did the job.  Then, I use always.  I hear the infinity is awesome, so many mamas swear by them but I haven't tried them yet. 

This time I do have two pair of mesh panties I found in my left over birth supplies from last two homebirths but still am planning on using my huge granny panties to hold my pads.

futuremamaheather likes this.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#11 of 11 Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I used Always extra long, extra absorbent with wings for my first and with my second I bought one pack of these for the first couple of days and then switched to cloth pads.  No problem.  I highly,  highly recommend cloth pads. So much more comfortable!!!

Oh, and my hb kit came with those mesh panties, too, but I just ended up using my maternity panties.  I didn't really care if they got stained, which they didn't.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page