New here! 7th baby, 1st homebirth... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I've had 2 c-sections, then 4 hospital vbacs. I've driven over the state line (about an hour) for my vbacs, but since the last one (and the retirement of my wonderful doc) the practice has changed their vbac policy and dropped me as a patient. I tried another practice but was told that I should prepare myself for a possible c-section and that I would have to agree to internal monitoring and an early epidural.

So, I called a very experienced midwife who said she would be happy to take me as a client! I have to admit I am nervous, but excited. At 45, this will most likely be my last baby (I've had 5 miscarriages since my youngest was born) and would really love for this birth to be wonderful! I've just gotten my Hypnobabies materials and will start on those soon. I've had epidurals with all my vbacs, but made it through transition before the epidural 3 of those times. It's just the fear of pushing that I need to overcome.

I've been lurking for a few days and learning a lot from you ladies. I look forward to reading and learning even more!

Kimberly

#2 of 2 Old 07-30-2011, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dear Sowega...Congrats on your pregnancy! I am sure you will find lots of support and advice on this forum. my first child was delivered via c- section 13 yrs ago...6 yrs after that my son was born (vbac) in a military hospital...the vbac was not medicated but I tore badly and it did hurt a lot during the pushing stage(probably NOT what you want to hear...haha)...however I was pushing on my back with an unknown doc and hubby was stationed out of town since I wasn't even due for 3 more weeks (a bit stressful) anyway, thankfully, the baby was healthy, but only 6pounds6oz...later on I decided if I ever had another baby I wanted to try homebirth. so...

a few yrs after that I had my  first homebirth-it was so wonderful...from the moment I met my midwife, she did not treat my uterus like a ticking timebomb...I had such peace...and during delivery...the pushing was not too bad...the baby was 9 pounds shy.gifbut it went well and I did not even tear...thank the Lord... I believe you will do well also. I truly think since you have had 4 vbacs, medicated or not, you will do well at home.

blessings smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page