Children's homebirth books? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-10-2011, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have a children's book they can recommend, about homebirth? I just stumbled across Born Right Here At Home by Cassandra Austin on amazon, but I can't find any pictures, or anything at all really, other than the cover. Has anyone read it? What did you think of the illustrations? 
I want my kids to know that it's beautiful and not crazy but they are little - I don't want to expose them to too much that will make them ask too many questions, if that makes sense. 

Any other book suggestions out there?

Proud Army wife and Momma of two.
Jay-my precious boy 2/20/08 & Caroline-my beautiful HBAC baby 8/22/09 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 09:20 PM

My sister gave me a little picture book call "We're Having a Homebirth!!" written and illustrated by Kelly Mochel. I'm not sure where she found it but my son is 2 1/2 and he likes it. We read it together this morning actually! And although he probably wont be present for the actual birth (prob with MIL or FIL), I want him to know what's going on. Hope this helps!

Old 09-12-2011, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We have "Runa´s birth" - here is the text: http://www.runas-geburt.de/t/runa_us.pdf - I believe you can order it via amazon.com.

I quite like it, and my kids, too.

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...
Old 10-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Hi there, 

We have 'Hello Baby' by Jenni Overend, it's a lovely book, beautiful illustrations of preparing for the birth, the actual birth, baby, placenta etc, about a homebirth with 3 older siblings present! I bought it for my second son when I was pregnant with my third, from Amazon UK, but you might be able to get hold of it from Amazon US?

Good luck,

Antonia

Old 10-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Love, love, love "Hello Baby."  Yes, you can order it from Amazon and it is a beautiful book.  Even though my homebirth was last January, I still read the book to the big kids because it is so sweet.

-Kerry @ City Kids Homeschooling

Old 10-05-2011, 05:13 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Runas-Birth-Day-Sister-Born/dp/0955281407/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317813104&sr=8-1

R.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniity View Post

We have "Runa´s birth" - here is the text: http://www.runas-geburt.de/t/runa_us.pdf - I believe you can order it via amazon.com.

I quite like it, and my kids, too.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Runa's Birth is one of our favorites.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Old 10-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Another vote for Hello Baby; my 3 year-old son loved it and really related to Jack, the little boy telling the story.  The illustrations are so beautiful, I want to frame several of them.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 AM

we loved "Hello Baby" and I am so mad, cannot for the life of me find my copy of it. I actually ordered a second copy. (am 38 weeks right now, hope it gets here before baby!) I have 2 friends having second kids as planned home births right now, so I am sure I can pass the copy on when we inevitably find the lost one. Probably the day before the new one comes. Or maybe they'll both turn up AFTER the birth... ugh. We have one of the Sears books (What Baby Needs) which isn't about the birth at all, but does not focus on hospital stay for the mom, as many books do. DD seems to like it, and my 6yo DS read that book to himself when we first got it, finished the book, looked up and said, "that is a really nice book". He also really loves "Hello Baby".

dissertating mom to three

Old 10-17-2013, 07:38 PM

There is a new children's book about midwifery and homebirth called Mama Midwife. You can read it for free at www.mamamidwife.com, and it's also available on Amazon!

User Tag List