"fishy pool" in canada in winter? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi Ladies,

so I ahd a birth pool booked for here, but now we are movingto another province! I may even have to FLY out a friend who is studying midwifery in orde rto have an HBAC...I'd really like a birth pool but no one rents them or has them anywhere near me...and $$ is a major factor with this being our second move and DH is about to be unemployed, we'reliving with my parents etc.

Is there anything like this infamous fishy pool that would work that I can find in canada and pick up order soon (in winter I know!) I'm 34 weeks pg right now...I looked at a bunch of back links and many things even posted for canada are no linger available! Help please!!

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-05-2011, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

a little disappointed no one had a single idea...anyway I picked one after 5 hours of research. I got a fishy pool here:http://www.preciousarrows.com/category_s/34.htm for 30$ then 35$ shipping (yikes!!). I found nothing the right dimensions in Canada. there was one on amazon for 999.99 (a joke!!?) and a few on ebay for slightly more. There was another company that also sold them but for a bit more. I also got the waterbirth supplies kit from here: http://www.midwiferysupplies.ca/products/client-water-birth-kit  45$ all said an done I think with shipping for the kit and the pool is is just over 100$ still not super cheap but cheaper than la bassine etc.

All the links I found in previous posts on this subject were broken or inactive. Mamagoddess birthshop no longer sells the fishy pools either, they just have la bassine and other true birth pools.

I feel really frustrated soemtimes by the price or natural/birth related/diapers etc. in canada, or not having very common things, and the shipping to canada! We're not russia!

anyway, hopefully this will save someone els ea lot of work! I check Canadian tire, intex, seyvlor, sears, on and on most of the pools are a bit short. there was a hello kitty pool on ebay that may have worke but coming from korea i think and I was worried it'd get stuck somewhere when I needed it.

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#3 of 3 Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 PM

thanks for posting this :)

i plan on buying a fishy pool and its good to find one with shipping to canada.

Karla (25), loving having and growing a family: my amazing man, DS (2), DSD (7), a dog and two cats. Expecting my second  May 2nd and so excited to

Tags
Homebirth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page