Any know any CNM's in Maine who do homebirths? - Mothering Forums

Any know any CNM's in Maine who do homebirths?

mrsping29's Avatar mrsping29 (TS)
12:32 PM Liked: 0
#1 of 5
12-16-2011 | Posts: 2

I am 28 wks pregnant and have just found out that my ob provider and hospital do not let you give birth in the water. So I have been looking for a CNM in Maine to do an at home water birth. even New hampshire as I am only 40 mins away from the border. I live in the Rumford/Mexico area, I know there are a lot of cpm but I have mainecare and am very strapped for cash and can probably only afford the birth and not all the other routine appointments. unless someone know of a cpm who is willing to work with us on a sliding fee scale or payment that would be great. any suggestions are appreciated!!

DaisyO's Avatar DaisyO
03:42 PM Liked: 75
#2 of 5
12-16-2011 | Posts: 157

Sacopee Valley Birthing Services does:

http://www.sacopeemidwives.org/Sacopee_Valley_Birthing_Services/Midwifery_Care.html

mrsping29's Avatar mrsping29 (TS)
05:22 PM Liked: 0
#3 of 5
12-16-2011 | Posts: 2

thanks I have looked at this place and I am going to call them in the morning even thought they are cpm that is ok they say the will work with low income families but they say they only travel 1hr and 30 mins outside of there range and I am 1 and 50 mins so maybe they will make an exception!

Fern5Fern's Avatar Fern5Fern
02:51 PM Liked: 14
#4 of 5
12-18-2011 | Posts: 210

This site has a list of midwives in various places.  I'm in coastal maine and planning a homebirth in April.

http://mainehomebirth.wordpress.com/

bird_verde's Avatar bird_verde
04:33 PM Liked: 12
#5 of 5
01-06-2012 | Posts: 206

Sorry that I am coming in late to this thread but I have been off the computer lately.

I had a homebirth last year with Heidi Filmore-Patrick from Brithwise Midwifery out of Bridgton. Love her!  Fantastic birth experience! I live near you (Andover) and you are probably within her travel range.  She is a cpm.  However, she does have a sliding scale and I think that she will sometimes barter/trade services for some of her costs.  She will give you a free consultation (as most midwives do).  I came to her at about 22-23 weeks and she took a couple hundred off the total bill for the missed early pregnancy appointments.  If you want more info or particulars on her or my experience please feel free to pm me!

Tags: Homebirth
Reply Subscribe Homebirth