other (please specify in the comments) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looking for a little help mammas:

We are planning a home birth in a few weeks and are looking for a few (video) resources for my mama.  She is interested in attending the home birth but honestly has no conception of what the experience will be like.  I was thinking if we could watch a video with her (online or hard copy) that might help acquaint her with home birth.  i was thinking "the business of being born", but am afraid it might be too "preachy".  i was also thinking orgasmic birth, but am afraid she might think of that as too "hippie" ...any thoughts?  anyone done something similar with their own mama to prepare her for your birth?  Thanks for your help!

Two semi-crunchy mommas in Indy taking every day as it comes!  Baby #1 born 1/14/12 at home!

winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-29-2011, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

I wasn't going to respond because I haven't seen many homebirth movies but thought I'd pitch in since you haven't had a response yet.  Perhaps an uninformed response is better than none?  

I didn't love BoBB and didn't see Orgasmic Birth (the idea of orgasmic birth is somewhat off-putting to me for some reason).   Perhaps a good basic intro for your (presumably) mainstream mother would be one of those homebirth episodes on the "Baby Channel" (or whatever that's called).  

My mom was at our birth of DD#2 and she didn't need any extra knowledge of homebirth from what I could tell.  

I kind of feel like unmedicated birth (no matter where it takes place) is such a force of its own that you just get in the moment, I guess.  

That said, you may want to prepare her for some of the simple logistical stuff - when to call the midwife, how she can help you/dp/midwife, tell her where all the stuff is, explain the protocol for transfer, give her some roles/jobs, and all that good stuff.  

I hope you have a nice birth and your mom is a positive person to have there with you!  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Tags
Homebirth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page