Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ladies,

Be honest with me, please!

If you were late...

Did you have any signs of labor before you went into active labor?

I will be 41 weeks tomorrow. 1 week ago I was 3cm dilated, not very effaced, baby almost completely engaged. 

This week...practice contractions but nothing real. I have no bloody show, no burst of energy, no nesting, etc. 

I'm starting to feel like my body doesn't know how to go into labor and it is making me nervous because I feel like I'm going to have to be induced just because my body won't go into labor. The thought of giving up my home birth because my body won't have contractions is starting to make me so nervous.

We've tried sex, nipple stimulation, walking, castor oil on belly (did not drink it), clary sage oil, EPO, an herbal birth prep formula, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-27-2012, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

DS2 was born at a little over 41 weeks. I didn't have any signs of labor before he was born.  The night before, I went to my old karate class to watch a friend's belt test and didn't have any signs.  Just a few hours later labor started and was less than 30 minutes from first contraction to baby, it was a whirlwind.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#3 of 8 Old 01-27-2012, 02:29 PM

But you DO have signs of labor! You are 3 cm dilated and having practice contractions. You are normal - there is nothing wrong with you!

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#4 of 8 Old 01-27-2012, 02:29 PM

I had no diarrhea, no nesting, and no bloody show.  The first sign that anything was happening were painful, irregular contractions.

I didn't lose my mucous plug until I had been in active labor for several hours, and my water didn't break until after I started pushing.

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#5 of 8 Old 01-27-2012, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

The day before I went into labor I had a little diarrhea and a little extra discharge, no blood tinge. That's it. The day of, I woke up and bounced out of bed at 6am, hit Starbucks, wrote all my thank you cards for the baby shower, had diarrhea and lots of regular braxton-hicks, then took a 2 hour nap. Woke up in early labor at 2pm. I really had very little prodrome until right before I went into labor. No idea what my cervix was doing leading up to it bc I refused all VEs until labor.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#6 of 8 Old 01-28-2012, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

By the end of all my pgs, I was exhausted, tired, and frequent BMs anyway, constant BH, there were no defining signs at all until I went into labor. The day I went into labor with my last, I was SOO tired, I would barely put a foot in from of another. I took my girls to gymnastics practice that morning and all the other moms were commenting how crappy I looked (no offense taken!) and then an hour later labor started. shrug.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#7 of 8 Old 01-28-2012, 09:18 AM

Try to forget about it!  I am dead serious.  I could never "walk away" mentally and I don't think much of that stuff helps....I did the cohoshes, Primrose oil, nip stim....

My midwife told me to go to the movies!

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#8 of 8 Old 01-29-2012, 01:56 PM

I was 17 days overdue with my baby born last month.  I wasn't dilated at all at that point.  My midwife used a combination of evening primrose oil on my cervix, rubbed several essential oils on my belly (the massage felt awesome) and a homeopathic under my tongue.  It worked right away.  She was born at 3 am the next day, so it took 13 hours, but it was quite gentle in the beginning.  But I think you should just do what seems right to you, and wait as long as you feel comfortable waiting, and try to see if your home birth midwife has the tools my midwife has.  However, she says the induction treatment she uses only works if the woman is ready.  But this was my third baby and I've never gone into labor on my own.

Tags
Homebirth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page