Recharge sports drink - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

My mw suggested I get some Recharge for the birth (I guess it's a more natural form of Gatorade), but I can't find it anywhere. I went to the grocery store (including the natural food section), Target, Nature's Garden, and looked online and other than a 12-pack on amazon, I can't find it anywhere. I'm thinking of just giving up and doing Gatorade (I did that for my last birth).  I know it's not as natural, but I don't know if I care at this point!  I had a long, unsuccessful day of shopping for birth supplies today....  :(

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If its a decent price, go with the 12 pack! You will easily drink it all in labor and after in the first few weeks when you need good hydration.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:00 PM

Forgot to mention it is GREAT for nursing I always used it to pump at work because it would up my supply more than plain water. Gatorade too, but without the chemicals.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM

Do you have a Whole Foods or health food store? If not, the 12 pack may be your best bet. But honestly, the gatorade isn't going to kill you!  My midwife actually reccomended drinking recharge throughout labor but drinking a can of soda when you start pushing for the extra energy boost. I realized after I gave birth to my daughter that I'd bought decaf by accident. LOL. In any case, soda is not natural - but my midwife feels it has it's place. So some gatorade should be fine too.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 04-19-2012, 03:24 AM

I agree that a little Gatorade isn't going to hurt anything. It's not like you'll be downing 2 bottles of it every day. :) If you don't like it though, ask about coconut water. Coconut water has a lot of electrolytes in it, and my midwife recommends it for people who don't like Gatorade or whatever else. If you have tried it in the past and not liked it, try a different brand. Honestly, some brands of coconut water taste like vomit to me, and some taste great. lol

Old 05-17-2012, 11:35 PM

What about EmergenC?  It provides electrolytes plus many other helpful vitamins.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 AM

Have you tried Fred Meyer?

I can find it there and at Saars (cheap grocery store around here)  pretty easily

Old 05-18-2012, 06:05 AM

You can make LaborAid drinks that are much healthier for you. Here's one recipe: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2009/06/healthy-natural-pregnancy-laboraid-recipe.html

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Tags
Homebirth
User Tag List