How to say "we chose someone else" to the other midwives? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Mummas,

Just got our first positive test this afternoon and already planning our home birth!

There are three midwives in our area that attend home births and we are going to meet them all if we can..

Just wondering how you say "No" to the other two?? (I have heard really great things about one already and already leaning towards to her lol)

Over the phone, how do you say "We chose someone else." ???? (I am terrible with being up front with "no's")

Ideas?!?!

So very excited!!

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#2 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 04:34 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Exactly that. "tThank you for your time. We deicided to see someone else. Good day. "

iPad on the loose, excuse typos

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 01:56 PM

usually you don't have to. you schedule an interview, and there's no commitment, they know that you're shopping around at that point. and then when you've decided you call the one you've decided on and schedule an appointment with them. 

Kirsten likes this.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#4 of 6 Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 PM

Midwives should be pretty used to being interviewed before a mom chooses her provider, so it should not be a problem.

Since I have three littles this time my interviews were over the phone. I thought I found the midwife I wanted, but when I went to see her for a meet and greet it just was not what I wanted. When I called to tell her I had changed my mind she was very easy to talk to. She was very understanding and told me that it is just fine and would rather that each mom finds the best midwife for them. It was really much better than I thought it would be.

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#5 of 6 Old 04-27-2012, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks mummas,

We met our first midwife today. She was so lovely! In fact so lovely now I am worried about meeting others and liking them too!
We only have another two to meet, and one doula, then making our decision on Tuesday after having met with them all!
Let's hope they go as well as today did! I'm excited now!

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#6 of 6 Old 04-27-2012, 02:38 PM

When I decided, I just emailed the others, and told them who I had decided to go with. I think I said that we just clicked with that first choice midwife. I thanked them for meeting with me. The one who was my 2nd choice sometimes fills in for my first choice, and I made sure to say that we really liked her and would be fine with her having to cover our birth.

I have seen the 2nd choice midwife socially a number of times and it hasn't been at all awkward. They understand that there can be only one!

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

Tags
Homebirth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page