inflatable pool dimensions - help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-21-2002, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter
mom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I NEED a kiddie pool to labor in for my upcoming planned homebirth. (Our bathtub is way too small).
I bought what I thought was a good one from Target for ten dollars - I need something really cheap.
(I also don't want something that is so big it uses tons of water and takes up the entire room!)
This pool is 16 inches tall and about 66 inches across - a round pool. It says you can fill it up to 80% of its height.
I realized after I measured it that the water would only cover my rear end and 11 inches does not seem like deep enough water to make it worth it!
There is another pool on sale this week that has an inflatable floor! and I think it was 22 inches high.
Is this high enough?
What are everyone's experiences with inflatable pools,
and the sizes that work best?
#2 of 5 Old 05-21-2002, 01:39 AM

We used the kind that is 60 inches diameter and 22 inches deep. It is inflatable with an inflatable floor <a must>. It was like $30 regular priced.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm...tid=17&ls=toys

it was perfect.. since it is inflatable i could stretch out my legs and it would just make the pool oval shaped, plus the sides were strong enough to lean over during contractions. I loved it and its only 24.99 at kbkids.com
#3 of 5 Old 05-21-2002, 01:43 PM

Hi! Definitely go for the deeper one, if your belly isn't mostly covered with water when you sit it isn't nearly as effective...

The Lord bless you,
Zoie
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Godsbabycatchers
#4 of 5 Old 05-23-2002, 12:29 AM

This is the one we're using. I've heard good things about it--plus check out the price Best wishes!

http://www.qualityinflatables.com/58480.html

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#5 of 5 Old 05-23-2002, 01:07 AM

Same one that I used and with the inflatable floor.. soooo comfy! great pool

Quote:
Originally posted by georgia
This is the one we're using. I've heard good things about it--plus check out the price Best wishes!

http://www.qualityinflatables.com/58480.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page