PacificSource paying out for HB? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-25-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Asking here because I am guessing you have had more experience with it. Will PacificSource pay out for homebirth? It says they only cover CNMs and there are NO CNMs that will do homebirths here. Is it possible to do a gap exception in this case? Is it worth the hassle?

Anyone's experience with PacificSource is welcome!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#2 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Hi, I work for PacificSource and I would be happy to help you if I can.

I think we need to know some specifics, including your state and type of plan. Would you like to contact me directly? You can reach me at psamysmith@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Amy

#3 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM

Oh, of course I should also mention that you can call our Customer Service Department (yes, a real person will answer and help you!) at 541.684.5582 or toll-free at 888.977.9299. I can completely understand if you don't want to email a person you don't know and talk about something as important as health insurance coverage.

#4 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

I called today and spoke with someone before I read your message. Basically, there are no CNMs in the area that do homebirth (Eugene, OR and the Preferred PSN plan) and because Oregon's midwife certification is apparently not valid enough even though it is one of the strictest in the nation, CPMs and DEMs are not covered. If you still think I have a chance, I am more than happy to try, but from what it sounded like, PS won't do a gap exception because there are no licensed providers in the area that also do homebirths.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#5 of 5 Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 AM

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I did a quick search for you and I find 18 CNM's in the Eugene area in the PSN Network, but it sounds like you may have already checked with them and they don't do home births?

If I think of anything that might help, I will come back and post it. But otherwise, I'll be wishing you the best for a safe and wonderful process of meeting your little one!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page