Is it too late to find a good doula? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-15-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am due September 20 - only about 10 weeks away - and have decided that I really want a doula with me (and my family) while I labor. We are having a homebirth - our third. I love my midwives but want the extra support/attention that I had with my second birth. Does anyone have any recommendations for a doula in the New Haven area that might take on a client a bit late in the game? I did check out a few of the "match" type services, but want to explore recommendations first.

Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No recommendations, but you are not too late in the game :) I have had moms contact me for doula services as late as 4 weeks prior to her due date. DoulaMatch is a great site for finding a doula, so is DONA and CAPPA. If you are using a particular birthing "method" (ie, Hypnobabies, Birthing From Within, etc) you can check on their websites to see if they have any doulas in your area or instructors that can help you find one.  Another option is to check AllDoulas. I hope you are able to find the perfect doula! :)

-Virginia- Stay at home, homeschooling, birth doula-ing mama to DS (2/00), DS (8/05), and DS (11/12)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page