trouble getting enough to drink w/morning sickness causing lots of BH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-23-2012, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I seem to have a bit of an irritable uterus and have lots and lots of Braxton Hicks usually noticeable around 12 weeks.  I've never had problems with preterm labor.  This time I started noticing BH around 9 weeks (I'm 12 weeks now).  The past couple of days I've had tons of BH and I imagine it's because I'm dehydrated.  I'm really having a hard time getting enough to drink with morning sickness because everything I drink makes me feel sick.  Any suggestions on getting more to drink without feeling awful in the process?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-23-2012, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I can't drink on an empty stomach when I'm nauseous, so I'd eat something easy like graham crackers or cereal and then drink water, or juice, or 7up or seltzer. 7up is what I have the easiest time drinking, it settles my stomach. I know soda isn't ideal but it's better than nothing or throwing up. Then there's all the usual nausea cures to try, ginger, B6, pressure points, and there are medications if it gets so bad you really can't eat or drink. For me they do get more frequent when dehydrated but I'm almost always going to get quite a few BH anytime after like 13 weeks.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page