Frustrated with Being Overdue - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-21-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so frustrated that I'm 11 days past my due date!  My due date is a 100% accurate because I had help from an RE getting pregnant (it was a monitored cycle with Clomid, HCG shot which is supposed to make you ovulate within a certain amount of time after taking the shot, and a few ultrasounds).

I don't understand what could be taking so long!  I had my son 2 days before his due date naturally.  I've tried acupuncture, having an orgasm, letting my 3 year old nurse all day long, mowing my lawn, raking my yard, and going on a walk. Nothing has worked.  I've had contractions first starting at 8 minutes apart, then 4-5 minutes, and even 2-3 minutes apart, but they've went away at night and nothing ever developed.

I'm planning a homebirth. I was worried about my midwife not attending if I went past 42 weeks, but she told me to stop worrying that she won't force me to go to the hospital if I haven't had baby by 42 weeks.  I haven't had any extra monitoring such as a non-stress test. Baby's been moving a lot more today than I've felt in any one day in the past several weeks, so I don't know if that means somethings about to happen or not....  Hoping so.

Any suggestions or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Carolyn

#2 of 6 Old 10-21-2012, 05:33 PM

Babies come when ready.  A "due date" is just an estimate.  My second was 43 weeks 5 days.  And yes, my dates were accurate.  Turn your phone off.  Take some time and relax.  Go out with your sweetie for one last date.  Baby will be here soon.

You're actually not even "overdue" until 42 weeks 1 day.

#3 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I like to just keep in mind a due month throughout the pregnancy, since babies don't really keep to a schedule. As in, you are due in October. That's wonderful news that your midwife can still attend you even if you do go overdue in a few days here! I hope you aren't too uncomfortable while you wait. Alternate resting up a lot with getting some physical exercise, things will get started when it's time. In the meantime there's nothing wrong with taking walks or doing chores, eating fresh pineapple and spicy food, sex, raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, gentle stuff like that to help get you ready to go.

#4 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 AM

I know it is really hard to wait!  Even knowing I would allow my babies to "come when they are ready", there is something about that DUE Date that solidifies things in your mind.  For what it is worth, with my second baby I tried primrose oil, walking, sex and then accupuncture right when I hit 40 weeks, I wanted that kiddo out!  After two accupuncture sessions, I went into labor and when it was all said and done I was really sad it was all over.  My second kiddo will most likely by my last and I was really sad I didn't enjoy the being pregnant part for as long as possible, especially knowing I will most likely never be pregnant again!  

Big hugs!  

#5 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Scrub your bathroom! That always gets my contractions going in pregnancy. Or try making bread and knead it really hard! Then take a nap.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#6 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 04:54 PM

I hope your doing alright today, hopefully enjoying all the sex and recommend orgasms ;) As for acupuncture it can really work to induce but you may need multiple sessions, like everyday for 3 days. Often one time visits won't get it going.

If you are having contractions you could look into taking homeopathic blue and black cohosh, Caulophyllum and Cimicifuga, I was just at a birth where the midwife gave her the cohosh(but only homepathic because it is not as strong as the tincture) because the mom was having contractions but there were inconsistent. I gave them to her every 15 minutes for 3 hours. Starting with both then only caulophyllum then both and just repeated it. It worked for her. But the midwife said it only works if your having contractions. Good luck mama

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page