Pool Question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey there! I'm new to the forums. I'm having a home birth in March and looking into pools. I've decided to go with a fishy/kiddie pool over a birth pool mainly because of cost. I am very petite, not quite 5ft tall, and I'm not sure what size of pool I should go with. Does anyone have any recommendations? TIA!

#2 of 13 Old 01-29-2013, 12:25 PM

I am looking at this one, they dont have the round fishy pool anymore for some reason (i cant find it) they have the bigger one but that is 2x as much water as this pool here...and tbh my friend just had a babe in it and it seemed to have soooo much room, like i would feel like it was too much room around me...and i am 5'6 so...i am thinking of going w/ this one...not any reveiews on it tho...must be a brand new tub

http://www.yourwaterbirth.com/oasis-eco-birth-pool-oasis-birth-pool-p-2014.html

Wifey to Z and SAHM to C (12/03) T (7/08) M (4/10) and her irish twin C (4/11)

#3 of 13 Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

I ended up ordering this one this afternoon: http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_46328/INTEX-Ocean-Reef-Inflatable-Swimming-Pool.html

It is bigger than I wanted, but it had lots of reviews on Amazon from women who had used it for water births and I wasn't having much luck finding one small in diameter that wasn't going to be too short (or that didn't have an inflatable bottom, which I prefer). It is supposed to arrive on Friday! I think it is going to be a little tall for me as far as where my head rests, but I found an inflatable bath pillow thing in my closet that I think will work just fine for that purpose.

#4 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchforthesky View Post

I ended up ordering this one this afternoon: http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_46328/INTEX-Ocean-Reef-Inflatable-Swimming-Pool.html

It is bigger than I wanted, but it had lots of reviews on Amazon from women who had used it for water births and I wasn't having much luck finding one small in diameter that wasn't going to be too short (or that didn't have an inflatable bottom, which I prefer). It is supposed to arrive on Friday! I think it is going to be a little tall for me as far as where my head rests, but I found an inflatable bath pillow thing in my closet that I think will work just fine for that purpose.

I had that one with my 3rd homebirth and it was totally uncomfortable. I am 5'0 even and 125lbs. It was hard on the carpet as well. Enough room just too uncomfortable. Next babe im getting the Oasis one.

#5 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 AM

Ok cool thats the one my friend used...its 200 gallons tho so be prepared for filling time :)

#6 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradia88 View Post

I had that one with my 3rd homebirth and it was totally uncomfortable. I am 5'0 even and 125lbs. It was hard on the carpet as well. Enough room just too uncomfortable. Next babe im getting the Oasis one.

:-/ eeep! Hopefully I won't have the same experience. I'm 4'11" and currently around 105lbs at 24 weeks. It had so many good reviews so I assumed it would be okay. What about it did you find uncomfortable? Were the sides too tall?

#7 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathena View Post

Ok cool thats the one my friend used...its 200 gallons tho so be prepared for filling time :)

Oh I know! I know we won't need to fill it all the way up (it would be over my head sitting down if we did haha), but it is still larger than what I had originally wanted. It will make a nice pool for my older daughter in the summer though after cleaning it up :-) We'll definitely be doing a test run after we get it to see how long it takes to blow it up and then fill it. Hopefully our water heater can take it! If not, we are prepared to heat pots on the stove though :-p And if all else fails, I just won't have a water birth which I am totally okay with. As much as I would love for it to happen that way I'm staying open/flexible!

#8 of 13 Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I used the fishy pool (I'm not sure the size, but it was the smaller, round one, not the octagon shaped one that is bigger).  I'm 5'7" and it was small, but not too small. I didn't really stretch out much anyway in labor, but there was definitely room to sit in it with my legs straight.  The cushioned bottom was AWESOME.  When I got it, it felt like I was floating on a cloud. It was sooo nice!  

#9 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 AM

Pretty sure they don't make the smaller fishy one an6more greensad.gif there is one one the sites that is the Oasis which looks very similar. My friend who I mentioned above she advised me not to use the bigger one, didn't cover her well (she is tall) and she decided while pushin g baby out she better move to the edge or no one could. Catch the baby! (Hands kness pusher/delivery)

#10 of 13 Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 PM

I just ordered the small fishy pool last week...although I haven't received it yet so I can't verify that it is the small one. Here is where I ordered it from...

http://www.everythingbirth.com/Inflatable-Aquarium-Birth-Pool-PEA4260t-p-BirthTubs.html

Mama to DS (4/07) homebirth.jpgand DD (3/09) waterbirth.jpg     15****20****25****30****35****40 *whistling.gif**45

#11 of 13 Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM

YES that is the small one!!! LMK when you get it! I may just order thru this site, it hasnt been available anywhere else for some time now...

#12 of 13 Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 PM

Just received it today and it is indeed the small one!! I know, I had the same problem...couldn't find it anywhere online until I found this place...someone on MDC had linked this website in an old post several years ago. I was so happy to see they still carried them! Good luck :)

Mama to DS (4/07) homebirth.jpgand DD (3/09) waterbirth.jpg     15****20****25****30****35****40 *whistling.gif**45

#13 of 13 Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM

Thanks i will order soon! :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page