Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Homebirth (http://www.mothering.com/forum/20-homebirth/)
-   -   Anyone use birth pool in a box? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/20-homebirth/1374875-anyone-use-birth-pool-box.html)

SamiPolizzi 02-18-2013 07:31 PM

What do you like/dislike about it? I'm pretty little and I'm afraid it'll be too big for me, but I don't really have a choice since my midwife is supplying it for free. I figured if I could find out ahead of time what some potential problems with it might be, maybe I could also come up with solutions. 

amlikam 02-19-2013 08:37 AM

I was coming to post a similar question about another type of pool (I will on another thread) but wanted to sub this group since BPIAB might be my other real possibility. I hope someone has some good feed back for you (and me orngbiggrin.gif)

hpat157 02-19-2013 05:04 PM

I'm quite familiar with it.  It is oval in shape, so if you feel it's too big for you lengthwise, you'll probably feel most comfortable if you orient yourself crossways in the pool.  It also comes in a smaller size, but if your midwife is providing it, you'll have to take whatever size she has, right?  In terms of depth, it's made so that you can slightly under-inflate the middle of the three air chambers (leave the top and bottom chambers firm) to make the height a little shorter if that's a concern.  I think it's a great pool!

HeatherB 02-19-2013 11:15 PM

I have one and LOVE it! I've birthed in it twice and have loaned it to friends who have all loved it. The inflated bottom, built in seat, various handles, custom liners, supportive yet comfy and wide sides... Really an excellent choice! Looking forward to another birth in it this summer.

Madeline2015 02-20-2013 02:06 PM

I birthed in one recently.  I thought it was the perfect choice since I'm tall (nearly 6 feet) but with all 3 rings fully inflated, it was too tall and we didn't realize until after the fact that the middle ring could be deflated a bit to adjust height.  Keep that in mind.

SamiPolizzi 02-20-2013 10:24 PM

Well it sounds like it should work out great for me! Yay! 

yallcomeback 02-20-2013 11:45 PM

I have tried Birth pool in a box and La Bassine, BPIAB was WAY comfier than La Bassine for me. I didn't birth in either, just labored.

MidwifeErika 02-21-2013 02:50 PM

I have a BPIAB and birthed in it last year. I am just under 5'2". It was AMAZING. I didn't lay back in it and actually spent most of my time on my knees, but it was nice and deep and the floor was so much cushier than the kiddie pool I had one of my other kids in.

mommyshanti 05-18-2013 08:38 PM

it's very comfy.Only thing is that it is very tall. Which is a good thing so you can fill it with more water and have your belly covered, just a lil' awkward trying to climb out  after just having a babe and everything still attached lol.