Any Homebirth midwives or good birthing center recommendations for Queens, NY? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-28-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations of midwives serving the Queens area or any good birthing centers that may be worth it. I have had 4 homebirths before, but Im a little more open to birthing centers as well. 

Thanks

#2 of 9 Old 05-31-2013, 11:47 AM

Sending your post to the top! I would assume there are lots of options there. Hopefully someone locally will see your post :) 

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#3 of 9 Old 05-31-2013, 12:46 PM

well i think there is a BC in Bklyn - but  i dont know if its free standing or not.....

check here and talk to the doulas - plenty of midwives http://www.metrodoula.com/

also check out http://www.gaiamidwives.com/  - they do HB and service Queens

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#4 of 9 Old 06-01-2013, 11:32 AM

I gave birth at the brooklyn birthing center in 2010 and had a great experience.it is the only Free standing birthing center in all New York city.
My second baby was a homebirth and it was great too but very to deal with the insurance company
#5 of 9 Old 06-14-2013, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks momsteader for bumping the thread.  Motherhendoula and cjeanjot thanks for your input. cjeanjot, do you mind me asking who was your MW for your homebirth? I used Cara Muhlhahn for all my 4 homebirths, but I can't see myself using her again. Or do you recommend anyone else in the five boroughs?

Thanks!

Michelle

#6 of 9 Old 06-15-2013, 07:08 PM

Hi Michelle,

My hb was with Cara smile.gif i don't think there are a lot of hb midwives out here. Did you met her back up Myriam? I heard good things about her

In the meantime several people told me the Brooklyn birthing center changed a lot in the last 2-3 years, apparently not in a good way
#7 of 9 Old 06-20-2013, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I know about Miriam, thanks. No, just wanted to k ow if you knew of
Anymore else smile.gif

It's a pity to hear about the birthing center. I'm **** not pregnant, so there's still time.

Thanks!

M
#8 of 9 Old 08-16-2013, 01:26 AM

Since I am thinking of spending more time in Queens as my mother ages, I would be interested to know what you found for homebirth in Queens, Do you have a support group there?  To start, i am thinking of spending end of Dec and all of January with her.  judyslome@hotmail.com   I have 30years of experience as a midwife and homebirth midwife.

#9 of 9 Old 10-11-2013, 06:45 PM

This is an old thread so I'm assuming that you've found someone- BUT I live in Queens and am having a home birth on January with Marcy Tardio as my midwife. I've had a great experience with her so far and I knew several people who have used her as their midwife too and loved her :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page