Going in on a birth pool...how many uses? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-17-2013, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Three other women and I, and a new midwife want to go in on a birth pool in a box mini together (and 4 additional liners plus a my anchor strap). The way we have it worked out we'll each put in about $50 and the midwife will put in $100. The plan would be for the midwife to use it for her client in November, then I will use it in December, another mom in Jan, another in Feb, and the last in March, and then it will go back to the midwife who will use it for as long as she can.
We're wondering how realistic this is. I know the birth pool in a box mini professional is guaranteed for 20 births and it's thicker material, so we were hoping we could get around 10 uses out of the standard. (so long as none of our pets puncture it!) We're contemplating spending more for the professional, but since it doesn't cover punctures, only manufacturer defects, we're not sure if it would be worth it.

Does anyone have experience in using a birth pool in a box repeatedly? Also, does anyone know if the eco liners are acceptable or if we should cough up the extra dough for the custom fit liners?

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-19-2013, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have information to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have a BPIAB. Three babies have been born in it and it was set up (but not filled) for a fourth. Between #2 and #3 the floor developed a hole, but it was no biggie to patch. Just make sure to do a test-fill (air only, no water til the big event) before each birth. If there's no anti-waterbed or similar in our lease, we are planning to use ours again next spring! 

ETA: should clarify that the three babies were born into three different families, the speedy fourth was a sibling.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page