Excited about New Documentary about Childbirth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There's a new documentary about childbirth coming up called "MicroBirth".  I'm super excited about it and wanted to share, especially in this forum on homebirth.

Here's a description: '"MICROBIRTH" is a feature-length documentary looking at birth in a whole new way, through the lens of a microscope. The film explores the latest scientific research into the microscopic events that occur during and immediately after birth.'

Here's a link to the video and information about how you can help, if you are interested: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/microbirth

phathui5 likes this.
#2 of 5 Old 02-15-2014, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Nice @HomesteadMomma ! Just thought I'd embed the video here so people are more likely to watch it and support the cause.

HomesteadMomma likes this.

#3 of 5 Old 02-16-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Great idea!

#4 of 5 Old 03-17-2014, 03:24 PM

Whoa! Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
#5 of 5 Old 03-26-2014, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I asked my child psychology professor in 1973 if doing so many caesarean sections would cause the human female to forget how to give birth and breastfeed because of the imprinting mechanism present at birth  and I was laughed at by the lecture hall.  I am happy to know that this is being studied and that I was on to something important. I asked about the excessive cleanliness and use of drugs that imprint on the brain at birth.  Fifteen years later, Dr. Bertil Jacobson in Sweden, published a study about drugs and strangulation at birth linked to suicidal mechanisms and overdoses later in life, 1988.

What about labor induction and its effect on the pituitary gland of both the mom and the baby?

I did not know about the colonizing of babies through the birth canal with bacteria, viruses and immune systems, but I feel vindicated.

Scientists are already bracing for having an entire generation of mothers who do not have natural immunity to rubella and other viral diseases to pass on to their babies at birth in the next 40 yrs.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page