Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By elated457

#1 of 2 Old 06-03-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question PROM, and no dilation.

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with my second child. I was 41+1 with my first when my water broke at 1 am in the morning, 1 hour before I started having contractions. I planned on having an all natural birth at a birth center but because of the PROM(premature rupture of membranes) I had 24 hours to be in active labor or I would be admitted to the hospital. Unfortunately when my contractions started getting 3 minutes apart and lasting a minute( they were extremely intense) around 5 pm the next day, I was only dilated to a 1. With the clock ticking I labored intensely until 1 am the next morning never dilating past a 1. I think maybe the time crunch led to the stress of me not making it past a 1. But also could see in my midwifes eyes that she didn't think I could make it, nor did she help me get there, just sent me home. Which just made it worse.

I ended up being admitted into the hospital around 2 am and since I had been experiencing very close intense contractions for 10 hours. I was shaking and exhausted. I then broke down and received the epidural. I had lost hope in my cervix. It was a relief. I could finally get some rest because I still hadn't dilated. I slowly crept from 1 to 3 to 6 to 9 to 10 over the next 20 hours with the help of a little bit of pitocin. Thankful to all the nurses and doctors helping I had my daughter vaginally at 9:58 that evening.

So after 44 hours of labor my experience was awful. This time I am going to try for the water birth that I felt I got cheated out of due to PROM and my lack of dilation.

Did any of you Moms have PROM? or experience something like this? Did you go on to have a natural birth the second time?
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-12-2014, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I didn't have prom, but just wanted to say, I pray all things go as planned this time!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page