Lining for tub - comfortable? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-25-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lining for tub - comfortable?

I used the "fishy pool" for my last birth and would like to use it again for this baby. When I asked about cleaning it for this next birth, she suggested using one of her liners for her pools just to be sure it's clean. I wondered if that would affect the comfort of the pool. I lOVED the fluffy, cloud-like feeling that the pool offered and I feel like an extra lining on top, with possible bumps and ridges and it not fitting well (especially since it's not made for the pool I'm using) will really impact comfort. What were others experiences using a liner for their pool?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-25-2014, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I have never used a liner.....probably only would if I was using a used pool. I have thought about how it would make clean up easier...but honestly I question....to me it seems easy to still leak the contents out into the pool while trying to dump it. To me a liner that is not made for the pool would be annoying and would slip around. I personally just use a new pool for each birth and just clean it before hand. Honestly if it is a new pool and gets aired out and rinsed off with just water, it is probably just fine. That is probably its cleanest point of its use anyway...lol.
#3 of 3 Old 06-28-2014, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have attended quite a few waterbirths with a portable tub where a liner was used and no one has mentioned it as an issue.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page