Gap exception in NJ for home births under Aetna insurance. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-08-2014, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gap exception in NJ for home births under Aetna insurance.

I've been reading a lot on here about gap exception and some people have had success and others have not. Before I found out about gap exception I called my insurance (Aetna POS) and ask if they cover home births by CPM's ad instructed by my doula. They said they cover anything out of network 60% with $1000 deductible. Now I want to find out more about the gap exception and I'm not sure how to go about it. Has anybody had luck in NJ with it? Do I call and ask the insurance about gap exception or just submit paperwork for it without asking? I will be submitting all necessary paperwork myself unfortunately my midwife does not do it. She is licensed in NJ as a certified professional midwife, is that the same as a CNM? Basically I need step by step instructions on what to do and what to say so I don't look like a complete idiot when they start using medical jargon that I don't understand on me. Should I start doing this now or after the baby is born? If anybody could help me I would really appreciate it, or steer me to the appropriate threads in this forum. Thank you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page