Mothering Forum banner

Looking for midwives who homebirth in Raleigh/Cary area

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sillysapling 
#1 ·
Hi am due in April 2015 and I am on the hunt for a licensed midwife who assist in home birth. I know about the chapel hill birthing center but I am holding out for a home water birth. I also know about the monarch midwife group in Fayetteville but all visits are at the actual facility which is over an hour away!

#4 ·
Mariap83, I'm in the same boat as you and have been able to find one home birth midwife thus far. Her name is Nancy Harman at Birthwise. The closest office to you would be Pittsboro though and I believe most visits are done in office. Hope it helps some since I realize how difficult it is to find this sort of info. If anyone has any additional recommendations, including direct entry midwives (the "illegal" kind in this backwards state), please share. I'd love to hear of additional options.

#5 ·
I'm 31 weeks and using Nancy Harman also. She is a little hard to get in touch with and it is hard for me to travel to the prenatals because of the distance (I'm in Winston-Salem), but I'm very grateful to have a legal option. I'm sure there are CPMs in that area who deliver "underground", but they might be hard to find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.