2Likes
  • 1 Post By rcb215
  • 1 Post By sidrajedi

#1 of 7 Old 05-11-2015, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Longest pregnancy?

What's been the longest recorded pregnancy (with a living babe)?
What's been your longest one?

My first was 42 weeks. Now with my second (7 years after my first), I'm at 41w5days with no signs of an end. My placenta was perfectly healthy with my first, and baby weighed 6lb14oz, so she was definitely not over cooked. I've had prodromal labor for weeks with my current pregnancy. This pregnancy has been very challenging, and I'm just wondering how long is humanly possible to go (as far gestational time) before the baby arrives. The weeks of prodromal labor have really messed with my mind, and it just doesn't seem like she'll ever get here. So I'm wondering....what's the longest it could be? I've heard of 43 and 44 week long pregnancies. Can it be any longer than that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I am pregnant with my first and don't really have an answer to your question but I was born 19 days after my due date so pretty darn close to 43 weeks! That seems like a loooong time for my mom. I was her third.
LorenaAZ likes this.
#3 of 7 Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My mom gave birth at home with midwives from the Gaskin Farm in the early 80s. According to her I came along after an herbal induction at somewhere just under 43 weeks.

My DD was born (after three days of acupuncture/acupressure induction) at 42w2days at home. It may have been 42w exactly if my cycle was long that month.

I am pregnant with my second child and hope to go into labor a little sooner this time!
LorenaAZ likes this.
#4 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrajedi View Post
My mom gave birth at home with midwives from the Gaskin Farm in the early 80s. According to her I came along after an herbal induction at somewhere just under 43 weeks.

My DD was born (after three days of acupuncture/acupressure induction) at 42w2days at home. It may have been 42w exactly if my cycle was long that month.

I am pregnant with my second child and hope to go into labor a little sooner this time!
Lucky! Ina May is my hero! That is amazing!
#5 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My midwife I had for my 2nd went beyond 43 weeks with one of hers and had a c-section with that baby, I think a short cord prevented him engaging or something. All of mine were in the 41-42 week range. I read of one in 1945, 53 weeks gestation healthy baby girl. Maybe some form of IUGR that her body made up for by taking it slow? I don't know.

Last edited by JamieCatheryn; 05-13-2015 at 08:24 AM.
#6 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb215 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrajedi View Post

Lucky! Ina May is my hero! That is amazing!

Ha! We're just lucky to be Tennesseans!

But to be clear the herbal induction was my mom's idea and the MWs were appalled that she did it.

Also mom said that my birth (her first) cost $300 and my two siblings births cost $500. But that was back when any MW who was any MW in Tennessee was trained at the Farm and now they come from all over, most have had to pay a lot for their know-how where as I am sure that back when the majority of HB MW were trained by the farm it was barter and such. My HBs are both around $4000! Things certainly have changed!
#7 of 7 Old 05-14-2015, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Chiro just had another client give birth at home at 45 weeks! I don't know all the details but the backup doc was running tests and giving the ok. All are healthy.

Recommended Reading
User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page