uc support thread #6, July - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 286 Old 07-20-2004, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Brandi, I haven't stopped thinking about you and your baby... your entire family... since I read your posts yesterday. I am so glad you were able to share her birth with us too. You are truly a wonderful, strong, and loving mama. I will be thinking of you and praying for you all during this most difficult of times.
With love to you, your sweet baby, and your entire family,
Chrissy

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 286 Old 07-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Ame

Brandi...

My thoughts are with you and your family. Your strength is an inspiration to me. I know so well that nagging feeling. My 3rd child was born with multiple "birth defects" and though all the "professionals" assured me everything was fine, I knew all along something was not right. I felt like I too prepared for 9 months for her differences. I even told her the night before she arrived that I would love her no matter what and not to be afraid. I am so glad that you were able to birth in peace and spend the night with Galadriel. If there is anyting at all that I/we can do to support you please let us know.

to you and your family Brandi
#273 of 286 Old 07-20-2004, 08:04 PM

Brandi - Your words are so peaceful and graceful. You and your family are in our thoughts and my prayers. I am sure the love of your dh and girls is so supportive right now and I hope you can be together in privacy.
#274 of 286 Old 07-20-2004, 09:05 PM

(((Brandi))) Thank you for sharing your story with us. My thoughts are with you.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#275 of 286 Old 07-20-2004, 10:58 PM

Brandi, thank you for sharing your story with us. i know everyone has already said it but i wanted to express my gratitude also.

s

i am so sorry for your loss.
#276 of 286 Old 07-20-2004, 11:44 PM

I've been thinking of you all day today, Brandi (Childofthemoon) Sending my love and empathy
#277 of 286 Old 07-21-2004, 12:35 AM

Brandi, thank you for sharing your story. My heart is heavy and breaking for you ....Prayers, peace, comfort and love to you and your family.

Rachel ~ homeschooling mama to six.
#278 of 286 Old 07-21-2004, 12:52 AM

Brandi--
thank you for sharing your birth story w/us here and sharing your moments w/your dd. She sounds beautiful and your spirit is, as well. How lucky she was to be born to such a loving and heart-full mama and family. Many many prayers and wishes for peace and healing.....I think of you and yours often throughout the day......
#279 of 286 Old 07-21-2004, 03:02 PM

brandi, thanks for keeping us involved in your story. my heart goes out to you and your family. i'm thankful that you had some final time (final for just the physical part of galadriel marie) to cherish her and see her and love her. what a blessing within such a difficult time. my loving thoughts have been with you since your first post about her and will continue on. your amazing-ness shines through your posts. you are amazing. i hope your family is able to have some private time to yourselves as you begin to wind your way through this new chapter.
with love....

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh
#280 of 286 Old 07-22-2004, 05:33 PM

Brandi,
What an inspiration you are to me, I'm honored that you shared your story with us, thank you for that. I wish you much love and comfort through your grief mama. What a beautiful name for your beautiful sweet daughter.

Jesse
#281 of 286 Old 07-22-2004, 06:24 PM

Thank you for sharing with us Brandi, I am so very sorry
#282 of 286 Old 07-22-2004, 06:40 PM

Oh, Brandi. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your sweet Galadriel with us.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#283 of 286 Old 07-23-2004, 08:09 PM

Brandi,
our thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.
your sweet baby walks with the Angels.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#284 of 286 Old 08-11-2004, 02:30 PM

Haven't been around here in...well, it feels like ages anyway. I can't even begin to catch up but wanted to pop in to say hello.

And to offer huge hugs to you, Brandi...I am so very sad for you that sweet Galadriel died. You have both been in my thoughts and will continue to be.

Avery is now 3 months old. She has seen the doctor only once, just to get a legal record, and basically all the doctor said was that she is exceptionally healthy and perfect. She's exclusively breastfed and now weighs almost 16 lbs (she was 7-1/2 at birth). Amazingly enough, and I must emphasize this is very unusual for babies this young, she sleeps through the night and nurses infrequently. I have struggled with oversupply issues and apparently she gets all she needs in a very short period of time (as evidenced by her weight gain and healthy diaper output). My first baby was attached to the breast nearly 24/7, and my other two also woke frequently at night to nurse, so this is quite a change. Trust me, I am not complaining!

If anyone here is from Vermont, or if you ever see someone posting here or anywhere who is planning to UC in Vermont, please think of me and put her in touch with me. The Vital Records office is being annoying about the birth certificate and I'd love to offer support and suggestions for dealing with them. Apparently no one has EVER intentionally UCed here. Yes, I know, I don't believe it either, but that is what they are telling me.

Life is good and babies are soooooo yummy. I think we might be done after this one as she is #4, but time will tell.

Best wishes to all who have birthed or who are awaiting their babes.

Amanda, mom to Everest (12), Alden (10-1/2), Ellery (7-1/2), & Avery (6)
#285 of 286 Old 08-11-2004, 02:53 PM

Amanda, I'm pretty sure that one of the women who UC'd in the film A Clear Road to Birth was from Vermont. Laura Shanley would probably know who she is.
#286 of 286 Old 08-11-2004, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyamanda
If anyone here is from Vermont, or if you ever see someone posting here or anywhere who is planning to UC in Vermont, please think of me and put her in touch with me. The Vital Records office is being annoying about the birth certificate and I'd love to offer support and suggestions for dealing with them. Apparently no one has EVER intentionally UCed here. Yes, I know, I don't believe it either, but that is what they are telling me.
I live in Vermont. I'm kinda going w/a mw, but I'm going to be talking to her about cutting her off at our next prenatal visit.

I met a woman in the Brattleboro co-op who has 4 children; the last 3 were unassisted. She lives in Manchester.

Amy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page