Homebirthin' Mamas Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-17-2004, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not on much these days! The baby's sleeping right now... He's so sweet. Good Luck to everyone still waiting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2004, 11:35 PM

Carolynn,

What was your CS for (if you dont mind my asking) ? Congrats on your "dimple" !!

Amanda,

Send more pics of your cute little boy!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:17 AM

Hi ladies - I am not sure if I have ever posted in this thread or not - but now with the 'final countdown' on I thought I would jump in!

We are planning our first homebirth this time around and I am so stinkin' exicted! I already have the pool blown up and in my room and ordered my birth kit this week My family is in town and ready to help out and my IL's (who I am *very* close to and I *really* want to be at the birth - they are super supportive of our homebirth plans) are coming the week I am due.

I have been ready for this baby to come for 10 weeks now - but now that it is only 4 weeks (or so) away I keep going back and forth between thinking 'OMG that is too soon' and 'OMG I'm never going to have this baby' LOL! I have had so much more impaticence this time around and many more achs and pains......think it might have somthing to do with having 2 very active older children LOL!

Anyway - my mw is coming over on Monday to go over all the 'emergency' birth stuff in case it is fast (DH is freaking about that) and then I will be in the 'all clear' zone on Thanksgiving when I hit 37 weeks. WHOO HOO!

Well, that's about it for now If you want to see my belly pic just click on my sig line - I had some awesome pgcy shots done at 34 weeks!

Grace - photographer, wife and mom to 4 great kids (Ethan 5.00, Ainsley 4.02, Owen 12.04, and Ellis Ann 10.07) :
Old 11-20-2004, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2baldie
Carolynn,

What was your CS for (if you dont mind my asking) ? Congrats on your "dimple" !!
Here is the (VERY LONG) birth story:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=166204

To make a long story short, he was breech -- almost transverse. I have no idea if there was ever a chance of turning him, but laboring on my back the entire time & with my body being in such bad shape to start with (I had been on my feet waiting tables for 6+ hours 5 days/week until the day before) really was NOT setting myself up for success. And coming home from work every night & sitting back on the couch for hours & hours probably didn't help either!

User Tag List