UC Thread #10 - October 2004! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 126 Old 10-05-2004, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright - the new thread for October!

Please PM if you have valid links - I got a PM with new links for UC Threads 1 and 2, but am still missing links for a few stories. If anyone has a story online but it isn't linked here (and you want it linked) please let me know and I'll put it in.

uc thread #1
uc thread #2
uc thread #3
uc thread #4
uc thread #5
uc thread #6
uc thread #7
uc thread #8
uc thread #9

roll call

andrea -- UC 8/03 story
Aurora -- UC 10/03 story
Whit -- UC 11/03
2much2luv -- UC 1/04
thechrysalis -- UC 1/04
Mothernature -- UC 1/04
indigolilybear -- UC 3/04 pics (first UC 5/01 story)
citizenfong -- UC 3/04 pics
Carrieanders -- UC 4/10/04 story
Chaka Falls -- UC 4/04
amyamanda -- UC 5/04 story
Karenpl -- UC 6/04 story
bookwormmama -- UC 6/04
wildthing -- midwife-attended 6/04 story
grnbn76 -- emergency cesarean, 7/04 story
Hathor -- UC 7/04 story
Mamajaza -- UC 7/04 pics
ChildoftheMoon -- born still 7/19/04 peacefully at home story
gr8fulmom -- UC 7/04 story
luna13mama -- UC 7/04
Chandar -- UC 7/04 story
Klothos -- UC 7/23/04 story
madrone -- UC 8/19/04
TinyBabyBean -- midwife-attended 8/04 story (if you're still reading - you may want to relocate your birth story, as that forum is closing...)
violet -- UC 8/19/04
Oshunmama -- midwife-attended 8/04 story
lovemygirl -- UC 9/9/04 story
mellie-bellie -- UC 9/27/04
blueviolet -- UC 9/04 story (first UC 7/01, story)
JesseMomme -- UC 9/21/04 (first UC 11/02, story)
StacyL -- Hospital transport 9/19/04 story
4xmamamia -- UC 9/30/04
amyjeans -- UC 10/9/04

rachel -- EDD late October
lafemmedesfemmes -- mid November
DancerMom -- late November
Ame -- first half of December
laurata -- December (first UC 3/02, story )
Lula's Mom -- December
AmyD -- EDD December 7th
nikirj -- EDD December 30
mamamaya -- mid January 2005
zonapellucida -- late January 2005
Chiromom -- Jan/Feb 2005 (first UC 2/03 story)
Dandylion -- Jan/Feb 2005
mehndi mama -- late February 2005
KateSt. -- February/March 2005
rainbowmoon -- April 2005
FreeRangeMama -- April 2005 (first UC 9/03)
carlasher -- mid March 2005
sprinkle pocket -- late March 2005

Please PM me to make changes.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#2 of 126 Old 10-06-2004, 09:52 PM

Thanks for removing the dead links, Niki. I wonder what happened to them?

Well, I just watched the most amazing birth video. A planned unassisted homebirth of twins. I was just in tears watching it. Really, I think this is the most inspiring birth video I've ever seen, and no I don't think it's because I'm still totally hormonal. Here's the website where you can buy it: http://www.earthbirthproductions.com/
#3 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 12:40 AM

Hello all....

I just finished reading the UC thread #9 and wanted to come here to let you know I'll be lurking around, maybe asking some questions.

I am wanting to have a freebirth with this babe, but don't want to get my hopes up about it too much, as I'm still "discussing" it with DH. The more I learn and read about UC, the more "right" it feels to me - but I know that I will need DH to be supportive of it, so I'm working on him.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello and let you know I appreciate having this group here for encouragement!

Kinsey
#4 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 12:54 AM

:
#5 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 02:47 AM

me too :LOL

:

Jen Wife to Jason and Mom to Cassidy 10y Malcolm8y & Lucas 5y
living in Canada and Costa Rica and slowly exploring the world
#6 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 11:30 AM

First off I wanted to say before it escapes me as this is to be a long post,
Thank you gr8tfulmom for your signature. It caught my eye right after Galadriel was born and I have copied it and it hangs above my head at my desk. It has helped me through the last two and a half months. I cannot believe it has only been that long. It feels like a lifetime.

Hello to all the wonderful mamas who were on this thread in July. I thank you for your support and loving words. Hello to all the new mamas-I was a part of these wonderful uc threads during my last pregnancy. My beautiful daughter was stillborn. We found out she had passed away before labor began. I gave birth to her at home. She is our gift.

Congratulations to all the new babies that are now earthside! I have continued to keep up with the thread, though it was difficult reading it in the first few weeks, it has been a source of comfort. My family and I have come such a long way and are continueing to heal.

I have wanted to post and say hello for quite a while now but have held back. I feel compelled this morning that it is now time. Dh and I plan to welcome another spirit to our family. Not sure when, but we are open to the possibility if it were to happen soon. We have been feeling the call through dreams. I had an amazing dream not long ago with Galadriel watching over two babies growing in my belly, a boy and a girl. She has been visiting both dh and I in dreams and this has been very healing for us. I truly have a spirit babe! We plan to have an unassisted birth if we are so blessed again.

The loss of my daughter has been difficult, I wish that no woman should ever feel that pain. But through the pain and the loss there is healing and enlightenment. A pheonix rises from its own ashes. I am a changed person. My daughter left behind many gifts, and I will always carry them with me. I feel so much more aware, she gave me the insight to being a true mother, unconditionally. Through her life and death my dh and I have also been able to discover and heal ourselves from losing his mother one year ago. I have days that I cannot believe I am able to stand, the sadness is so heavy and other days I feel like I am bursting with life so bright. But during those times and the calms in between I feel a comfort in knowing my daughter is close to me though not in my arms. I feel her...........and this gives me hope! Birth is amazing, and death is not the end. I am looking forward to another birth journey, another adventure. I am currently reading Conscious Conception by Jeannine Parvati Baker. Such an amazing book. It has been spiritually healing to read.

I have so missed this thread and all of you in uc land!
The road goes ever on..........
Love, Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#7 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 12:20 PM

Brandi your strength is amazing. I have thought of you and your family often in the past few months. I wish you all peace, and joy in your journey.
#8 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 12:45 PM

Brandi I'm so glad you posted. I was just thinking of you and your family last night and wondering how you were. You're an incredible woman.

eta: And thank you, Niki, for the new thread.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#9 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 12:51 PM

Brandi, I'm sorry about your daughter. what a gift that you could birth her at home. I hope you find peace and healing in your birth journey and sending you love & baby dust.

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#10 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 01:02 PM

Brandi

I think of you and your sweet Galadriel often.....................

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#11 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 01:18 PM

Brandi, thank you so much for coming back and continuing to share your beautiful spirit with us. I feel blessed and uplifted just to read your words. Much love and healing to you and your family!
#12 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 01:34 PM

Well, here you all are. I've been waiting for more posts to come up on the previous thread.

Brandi, thank you for posting again on the uc thread. I think you are such a great person to have "around". I've read parts of concious conception. .. very good book. Good luck on bringing a new soul into your family.

I actually went looking for your posts one day, because I wanted to know how you were doing. I saw your posts in pregnancy loss, and I cryed while reading your beautiful words of how you are dealing with your loss. I wanted to say something, but didn't know if it would be appropriate, as I have a baby the same age as galadriel.
#13 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 01:51 PM

Pamamidwife,

I don't know what I'm looking for, any insight, I guess.

Saw my midwife yesterday for my two week pp visit. She said I had one of the top five most traumatic births she's seen in 21 years of being a midwife. She said I have healed beautifully, but she got me with the scissors while trying to remove a loose suture - ow! : Gee, I WAS recovering... She said she thinks he sat on the perineum too long - there were no hearttone issues. I don't thinkth emeconium was at all an issue, because it all came out BEHIND him, and it was a very small amount. She also said she felt the "1" five minute Apgar given by the neonatologist was bogus, as she saw him and said he was better than that at five minutes, and never had to be entubated or resuscitated. She said she wished I was going to be here in Peoria for my next birth so she could take care of me again, and do it the right way. She felt badly about the OB scaring me off the way he did. She said she would have labored with me at home, and then gone to the hospital when it was time. I have a lot of regret and wish I had done things very differently. Oh well, we are leaving here in July to go to dh's next assignment...ah, Navy life..
#14 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 01:51 PM

Brandi...thank you for posting...I am so glad that those words in my signature helped you in anyway...thanks to Robert Hunter the poet and lyricist for the late great Grateful Dead...it is from the song Scarlet Begonia's...

many hugs

Jen

Jen Wife to Jason and Mom to Cassidy 10y Malcolm8y & Lucas 5y
living in Canada and Costa Rica and slowly exploring the world
#15 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Ame

Brandi...I too have been thinking of you. I ask a friend of yours how you are doing often and am always comforted by her response. You are an inspiration to me (and many others). I'm glad to hear Galadriel is with you and has brought so many positive things to your life.

I am quickly approaching my time....it's scarrya nd exciting all at the same time. Until now I have had no desire to read about birth or get mentally prepared. <this is my 4th birth-2nd UC> I am now feeeling much more ready and open to mental preparation. We talked to Lucy (1st UC baby) pediatrician (she is phenominal and very open to alternative medicine) and she was supportive of our birth choice and said she looked forward to meeting the new baby...this was comforting. I'm bigger with this pregnancy than I have been with my other three ( the other three were all about the same) and am feeling alot of pressure on my diaphram. Not sure if baby is head up or down...but with 7 weeks (give or take) to go I'm not too worried about it.
#16 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 05:54 PM

brandi and blessings to you and your dh in your healing
#17 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 06:36 PM

Stacy, I can't help but wonder if the midwife's actions had to do with her feeling freaked out about how difficult the labor was for you. I mean, "WE'VE GOT MEC!" seems like a bit of an overreaction to a little bit of meconium that comes out after the baby is born. Most babies do, after all, poop at birth or shortly thereafter. (Which makes sense if you think about it, with the pressure of the vaginal walls squeezing against their bodies.)

And if the heart tones were fine, and they'd already waited three hours for him to be born, why the violent rush at the last second? I'm not saying there *was* no reason for it, but it doesn't sound like she's given you one yet. And if he was slow to start breathing, why cut the cord right away and cut off his oxygen source?

My first birth was pretty traumatic too, so I do sympathize. My midwife, who had attended some 1500 births, said that mine was one of the hardest (most painful) she'd ever witnessed. (Although -- let me take a moment to gripe -- during the labor itself she said things that implied that she felt I was making too much of it.) Anyway, I've gone on to give birth three more times, and I won't say they were less painful, but I was VERY much more able to deal with the pain, and I look back on those births as empowering and definitely *not* traumatic. I did, however, do a lot of talking and thinking and working through the trauma of my first, and I know that helped immensely in getting through my others and feeling positive about them.
#18 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueviolet
And if he was slow to start breathing, why cut the cord right away and cut off his oxygen source?
My thought exactly - and of course she cut it instantaneously!

Quote:
My midwife, who had attended some 1500 births, said that mine was one of the hardest (most painful) she'd ever witnessed. (Although -- let me take a moment to gripe -- during the labor itself she said things that implied that she felt I was making too much of it.)
Thankfully, no one made that suggestion to me - I would have had them by the throat!

Quote:
Anyway, I've gone on to give birth three more times, and I won't say they were less painful, but I was VERY much more able to deal with the pain, and I look back on those births as empowering and definitely *not* traumatic. I did, however, do a lot of talking and thinking and working through the trauma of my first, and I know that helped immensely in getting through my others and feeling positive about them.
Hopefully, it will go differently next time, but if not I will definitely be better prepared.
#19 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 08:41 PM

That's exactly it, Stacy, I was just better prepared. The first time, I really was not expecting it to be so painful, so it was a shock to me mentally which of course probably made it physically worse. Vicious cycle.
#20 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 08:54 PM

That whole cutting the cord as soon as the baby is out thing just totally doesn't make sence to me. I saw some pictures on the net of a premature baby's birth (natural). And as soon as that *tiny* little one was out of the birth canal, the tiny little umbilicus was clamped.... that baby had no chance. I think it was about 25 weeks old.

At hospitals, they clamp the cord because there might be a second "suprise" baby, and something might happen? Can someone please enlighten me as to why they do this every time?
#21 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 09:48 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I feel them! Thank you for welcoming me. It is nice to come back and be a part of this thread. I have felt timid to post anywhere but in the loss section, as I don't want to bring stress to those of you expecting.............but I cannot stay away. I do feel like there is a stigma once you are on the other side of the fence so to speak.

gr8tfulmom-thank you for the source of the words!

Ame-thinking of you and wishing you gentle and joyful birthing thoughts! Almost there. I am curious of whom you speak of......you don't have to say if you feel you cannot, just curious who we have in common

Mamajaza-thank you for your concern, but don't ever be afraid to approach me, (though I understand why). I remember you from the July boards and it is hard to see or hear of other babies that are at the age my Galadriel would be, but it is more difficult feeling like I can't be a part of it because of my loss. There is no guidebook on how to react, whether you are on the outside or have experenced a loss. I have learned that the best thing is to go with what I feel. I had a baby, I want to share her just like everyone else who has a baby, so that is what I do. It is tragic, but I have the power to see her life in a different way. Just as Gr8tfulmom's sig says..."Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

I don't mean to hijack the thread! It is good to feel welcome though. Thank you all!

Just wondering if any of you have experienced losses and gone on to have a uc or know of any resources or stories. I am having a hard time relating to other moms who go on after losses, most seem to be even more medically minded after such a loss. NOTHING could have changed my daughter's outcome. I greatly fear what I would have faced had I done prenatal testing and found out so early on that she was to die. I am so thankful to have carried her for her entire life and to say hello and goodbye in peace.

After birthing her, I felt such a release of all fear and discovered a faith I had not known existed. I feel like an unassisted birth is the only way to go. I birthed her with the biggest head fear present in my mind. What a battle it was to birth her, emotionally and head wise. I thought briefly I could just turn myself off and turn on an epidural or even have a c-section and just not deal, but I could not live with that. I had to birth her just as I would if she was living. She was a breech delivery and had very little fluid, but both her and I came through unscathed. My midwife was there for me emotionally, I really needed that, I did not know what would happen after, how I would react, but the birth was mine. For the first days after, my body keaned for her, I had to let my milk flow. My three year old happily obliged, I must say, having my milk flow, helped to complete the birth cycle and ultimately helped me heal, physically and emotionally. For the first week I pumped and dumped it, as I felt very toxic, I believe I was because my three year old nursling became very ill for three days. She recovered and we both felt better. I began saving my milk and later donated to a baby in need. Just last week I weaned myself from the pump. I felt it time to move on, and I was beginning to feel resentful to the time devoted to pumping. The little girl is thriving though. I could still nourish and give life.

Thank you all for letting me share here, I just hope that my words can help others. I will be popping in from time to time if you all don't mind. We do hope a spirit joins us soon. I am still not having cycles, with all the milk making, I think it may be a while yet.

Love, Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#22 of 126 Old 10-07-2004, 10:32 PM

ChildoftheMoon you seem to have a beautiful spirit. I wish you the best in your gentle recovery.

StacyL - I read your birth story on the other thread and it reminds me sooo much of my first labor. I transfered to the hospital after forty hours...I don't know why, I just felt I should go. Anyways, I had the MAJOR uncontrollable urge to push at about 5 centimeters. If there hadn't been anyone to tell me not to push, I would have pushed (I did anyways really, you can't fight it). Anyways, it was very hard and traumatic, in alot of ways similar to yours (not that yours was traumatic, just that the sequence of events was similar).
The same thing happened around five centimeters with my second labor, but I knew that I wasn't dilated all the way. I just visualised myself opening up and in four contractions he was on his way out! Total labor was about 2 hours.

I guess the point of all this is that, yes, a first birth can be very diffucult, but that doesn't mean your subsequent ones will be. Take care of yourself and your wee one right now. I wish you all the best.
#23 of 126 Old 10-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Ame

ChildoftheMoon I have some things to say in reply to the second part of your last post...but I'll have to save it for tomorrow.

The person I was referring to is Selena...she is wonderful ! A very close friend of mine had her baby die ( placental abruption) at 38 weeks and I struggled with it alot...talking about your experience with Selena helped me to grasp what had happened...

I'll be back
#24 of 126 Old 10-08-2004, 03:43 AM

Hi Brandi

You are very inspiring...just reading your words made me cry...I am so glad you are able to be at peace and I think its so wonderful to know that you and dh are dreaming about your next little one(s). My little boy was born 4 weeks ago and he came to me 5 months before we conceived him. I saw him in a dream..I really beleive in spirit babies!

I really enjoyed reading your post about you nursing your 3 yr old and about pumping the milk...I can see how that was therapeutic for you. What a wonderful thing. I am glad Galadriel is with you and I wish you the best. Welcome back.
#25 of 126 Old 10-08-2004, 04:26 AM

sorry i haven't been around much. just kind of poking my head in.

hi to any / all new mamas here.

congratulations to any / all new babies.

welcome back to Brandi. s

*~* love and blessings to all. *~*
#26 of 126 Old 10-08-2004, 09:10 AM

Thank you lovemygirl! Congrats on your little boy! Thank you for sharing about "meeting" him before hand. That is beautiful, gives me hope.

Ame-Selena! I should have known, she is a dear friend (with friends in faraway places ) Yes, she is the best, so very kind, I love her. I am so sorry about your friend and her dear sweet baby. I am glad to hear she had someone like you close to her, though I am sorry you both had to go through that. Love prevails.............

Hello Klothos-been wanting to say thank you for sharing your beautiful birth with us. And best of luck with the article!

Love, Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#27 of 126 Old 10-08-2004, 10:20 AM

I read a birth story during my last pg where the mom labored for 4 days after her water broke at home before her UC..

how long is too long and when would a transfer be warranted? in case of fever only? what if you were also gbs+? how long could one safely stay at home before it would be a concern?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#28 of 126 Old 10-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Ame

Childofthemoon...Selena is a great friend Although my friend was not planning a UC birth ...she was planning her first homebirth (after c/s). She too believes strongly that her baby Zach is a spirit baby. Her and her husband are looking forward to the possibility of baby next year. It's been such a powerful experience ...I've learned so much about life and death and expecations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childofthemoon
Just wondering if any of you have experienced losses and gone on to have a uc or know of any resources or stories. I am having a hard time relating to other moms who go on after losses, most seem to be even more medically minded after such a loss. NOTHING could have changed my daughter's outcome. I greatly fear what I would have faced had I done prenatal testing and found out so early on that she was to die. I am so thankful to have carried her for her entire life and to say hello and goodbye in peace.

My situation is not exactly what you are looking for...but for me it is related.

My first two births where standard hospital births with no complications. With my third (Lucy) we moved to a new state when I was 7 months pregnant. I attempted to find a midwife (there were only 3 at the time and I did not feel comfortable with any of them) and then tried to find an OB (it was a nightmare and I almost flied suit against one). When I couldn't find anyone that I could feel at least satisfied with... I gave up and figured I'd take what I got at the hospital (and be their worst nightmare LOL). I had had an OB (same one I had with my first two) who did an ultrasound at EVERY visit and ALL the standard prenatal tests. Despite that I had had a "feeling" all along that something was different about her...all the tests said she was perfectly healthy and I had nothing to fear- but I still had that feeling. I began reading birth stories and reading about birth and came to the conclusion that I would try UC and if I couldn't do it I'd just go to the hospital. The closer it came to time the more sure I was that UC was the right choice and I could handle it. Her birth story was one of the ones some people refer to as giving unrealistic expectations. Active labor was only about an hour and I welcomed the progress. She was born and I noticed she looked different...but couldn't figure out what it was. I decided it was paranoia...and settled with the fact that she was beautiful and wonderful and perfect. At the insistence of my family we went to see a midwife for a post partum check up and a once over of Lucy. By this time the only thing that concerned me was that I couldn't see the huge pulsating soft spot on the top/front of her head....I had pretty much dismissed that too...as she was behaving normally and was getting sweeter by the moment. The midwife was quite impressed with our birth story and upon examination said I didn't even look like I had given birth less than 48 hours ago. She proceeded to check Lucy. She very cautiously and without alarm said she was concerned with the size of her head, the fact that she could not get a red reflex in one eye, and that her soft spot was very small and not in the normal spot. She didn't act alarmed ...just said we ought to see a pediatrician just in case. Oddly she couldn't think of one to recommend and we headed out the door kind of in a daze (like our bubble had just burst). She chased after us and said she remembered a pediatrician that many of her clients used and liked and who did some special head massage therapy (we later discovered it was OMT) that she didn't know much about. I called that office and they saw us two hours later. The pedestrian told us the same things that midwife did and reassured us it had nothing to do with our birth (we had some doubts at this point) and that this had happened at conception. She didn't give predictions or gloomy forecasts...she assured us Lucy would be just fine and made arrangements for a barrage of tests. fast forward to now.....Lucy is missing her corpus callosum (the piece of brain that sends messages between the two hemispheres of the brain) and she has microcephaly (small skull) and is without sight (blind). Despite those differences she is smart, funny, sweet, cute, and all the wonderful things we expected her to be. We came to the realization that UC saved her from days of NICU pokes and prods and tests and time away from her parents. There was nothing that could be done for her by the hospital/doctors...to this day she is not on medication or had any special procedures - so a hospital stay would have only been a formality....one we would have despised every minute of. We talked about how glad we were that we didn't know about her differences before she was born or we might have doubted our ability to have a safe UC birth and we would likely have had all sorts of dreadful expectations to deal with for the duration of the pregnancy.
When we found out we were going to have another baby...we talked about whether I would seek prenatal care and whether I wanted to "know" if something was different about this baby. We decided to go with a hospital midwife (might as well be an OB) and we waived the right to all prenatal testing except the one mid pregnancy ultrasound. We didn't want the ultrasound to tell us anything negative just wanted to see baby and when she told us a perinatologist would be doing a thorough u/s we hesitated and thought about declining altogether....but we really wanted to get a peek and decided that a little reassurance (even if it was meaningless - since I had so many w/ Lucy and nothing was ever discovered) would be nice. We had the u/s and the perinat. looked at EVERY single hair on this baby and told us he was 99.9% sure that there was nothing remarkable about this baby. I laughed and was almost offended - I said what do you mean nothing remarkable - life in and of its self is remarkable! He said no....I mean I don't see any abnormalities. We know that his observations could be wrong and that there is always a chance for the unexpected ...but I have not had any feelings of uncertainty or that there might be something different that we needed to be concerned about and that u/s sort of just confirmed my feelings. If he had told us that he had found abnormalities I would have had a much different perspective than I would have with Lucy...this time I would read up on what the "experts" say about the condition but I would know that NO ONE knows what the true outcome will be...and that babies are amazing...and I would just need to wait and see. Unless there was something that the "experts" could do that would undoubtedly change the outcome for the better and had to be done immediately after birth I would likely still have a UC. If I did not have a UC...I would be adamant about my expectations, limits, and permissions.
The moral of this LONG story is that I have come to realize that whether the child is "normal" or not is not as important for me to know in advance. The only situation in which I would feel that I needed or wanted "professional" help would be if there was a circumstance or situation that could be prevented or changed by me being there...I do not believe that in most/many situations where the birth is abnormal (be it the process or outcome) that medical help would benefit the outcome.

I'm not sure how your outlook will change over time Brandi but I do know from my experiences that your baby will help guide you. If you decide you want to have an ultrasound or other prenatal testing...DO IT. If you decide you don't - have faith...faith that your body and your baby will know what to do.

Here are some pictures of Lucy...

about 20 minutes after birth

A Few Hours Later

A Few Weeks Later

Now

Now - Close Up
#29 of 126 Old 10-08-2004, 04:38 PM

THANK YOU! Thank you, Ame for sharing your story. It gives me confidence and reinforces my faith in the birthing process. You pretty much summed up how I feel about the testing and the medical process.

Quote:
have faith...faith that your body and your baby will know what to do.
Yes, exactly.

Thank you for sharing the pictures of Lucy. She is so beautiful. That pic of her smiling at a few weeks old is just precious. Seeing the pictures of her now warms my heart. Spirits are amazing, she shines!

Sending peaceful thoughts to your friend.............

Love, Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#30 of 126 Old 10-09-2004, 01:56 PM

Just wanted to say, Ame and Brandi, you guys are inspirational. THank you for showing your love to the world.

Back to lurking....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page