finally, a decision! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2002, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
After a month of weighing the pros and cons, my husband and I have decided to have a homebirth with this baby! Our only obstacle has been money, and our midwife is willing to work with us on payment. I was able to tell her tonight that we had decided to go with her, and I think she is just as excited as I am!

I wanted to come and share with those who would understand my excitement and lovingly support me through the next several months of questions! Lurking here and reading has been a big part of my becoming more confident in this decision.

Thanks for being here! I will post more often than I lurk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2002, 03:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats on your decision! Homebirth is so awesome! I hope you will share your journey with us!

~Jill
Old 08-17-2002, 01:09 PM

That's great! It is so good to see people make informed birth choices that empower them. Especially, since you have an older child, I think you will find that homebirth provides the setting for an awesome powerful family experience. Enjoy!!!

Jen

Jen Wife to Jason and Mom to Cassidy 10y Malcolm8y & Lucas 5y
living in Canada and Costa Rica and slowly exploring the world
Old 08-17-2002, 02:32 PM

Yay! Sending you happy healthy blessings accross the miles... may this be the birth of your dreams =)
~New Moon
Old 08-17-2002, 06:59 PM

Congratulations!!

We just recently decided on this too! I wanted to run around and scream and tell everyone - but, well, you just don't know how someone will take it : - and I figured you get a lot of that here, so I didn't make any official announcement....

Have you told the family yet?? We've told 3 family memebers... All in all, so far so good. MIL still doesn't know yet ~ That's DH's job!! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. It's a good thing she's 3,000 miles away..............
Old 08-18-2002, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you so much for your support, ladies!

singingwood: My mom has had lots of questions, but seems quite supportive. My dad thinks I am taking huge risks and he would feel more comfortable if I were in a hospital, but he says he knows I will do whatever I want to do. My MIL is totally fine with it. Heck, I can just see her if I would go into precipitous labor at her house "well, reckon I better wash my hands if Im gonna catch that baby"... she's just so laid back. My husband gets his levelheadedness from her. He'd probably at least call his cousin and say "hey, you've done this before with cows and stuff, talk me through it!".

I dont think I have been very far out of the mainstream with my parenting and birth choices thus far. Of course, anyone in the mainstream seems to think that breastfeeding past a few weeks and co sleeping and nursing till they wean is way out there. I guess it is my confidence level, and having friends who are used to my outspokenness that has led to the support I have in my parenting. And separating myself from any of my friends that are very vocal in their disagreement about nursing or co-sleeping. I am so blessed that my immediate family and in laws have always been at least tolerant of my choices, asking questions but never disapproving. Of course, we haven't had a boy yet. I personally think that things will really get heated when we decide not to circumsize!

I wish you a fantastic birth experience, and that your husband stands up to his mother if necessary!
Old 09-16-2002, 05:25 AM

Jeni:

I'm due November 26, and we also just committed to a homebirth. Fun to hear of someone else due the same week! Congratulations on your pregnancy and your homebirth plans...
Old 09-16-2002, 11:12 PM

Great decision. Homebirth is awesome!

User Tag List