vaginal breech - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 02-16-2003, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister just delivered her baby vaginally breech **yesterday** after being induced.
They live across the US, so I wasn't there, but my mom took pics and in the pics where she is pushing she's flat on her back. There were no complications in the birth and my mom says it wasn't long at all. In fact it was a very short and easy birth for her.

little background: She smoked through her whole pg (we're not EVEN going to go there I'll go on for days about how mad I am at her) and just found out Thursday that she had calcifications on the placenta and that the baby had stopped growing, he was also transverse breech as of Thursday. She opted to have an amnio to determine the lung maturity(she was 36 weeks) and then she opted to be induced..and the baby had turned by then. Sooo, she didn't take care of herself very well through the pg and had some complications at the end, but she still delivered her baby vaginally breech. Of course, he was a bit early and the smoking and the placenta problems caused him to be small (5lbs. 5.89 oz) so maybe that made it easier?
#32 of 35 Old 02-16-2003, 07:07 PM

I had two breech babies in December. Girl was butt first and boy was feet first. He was the second born and was a half of a pound larger than the first. (He was 8 pounds, 10 ounces). He had a larger head than she and had they both been head first, we certainly could have run into complications. Funny how God is bigger than science.

They were born at home.

I, too, saw the farm video. Some aspects bothered me but it was informative.
#33 of 35 Old 02-16-2003, 07:18 PM

*deleted*
#34 of 35 Old 02-16-2003, 10:55 PM

Hey, Hotmamacita, your PM mailbox is perpetually full! Let me know if you know of any midwives experienced with breech delivery in the Seattle area?

Thanks.
#35 of 35 Old 02-19-2003, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My sisters were twins, and my mom wasn't able to deliver vaginally because they were in a locked position. One was breech, the other vertex, but essentially the breech's butt was in the way of the other's head, so that neither could progress down the birth canal.

They sure gave her a chance to try the vaginal delivery, though--she was in labor for over 20 hours before the doc made the decision to C-sec. Of course, he was an old-timer (he was in his seventies when my sisters were born, and died six weeks after he delivered them.) The same doc delivered me with basically no interventions (not that there would have been time for 'em anyway, I was quick!)

Say, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the possibility of vaginal breech waterbirth. I know one of the big risks with breeches is that they'll try to start breathing before their head is out (which is why most docs that will do them do a big episiotomy and use forceps, they want the room to reach in and make an airway and get the baby out QUICK). But they way I understand waterbirths work, the baby doesn't start breathing until exposed to the air, so if their butt is underwater upon delivery, they wouldn't start breathing. (this is presupposing the cord doesn't get pinched, so quick delivery of the head would still be desirable)

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page