Want a birth center birth in CA, can choose any ins. co. I want, help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-02-2005, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I just decided to switch insurance carriers for me so we could have have our next child at a birth center. I live in Southern California and can choose any co. I want since I have no preexsisting conditionds and am not pregnant yet (we are going to start trying in Feb.) so I have to do this quick. My husband works for a small church so they pay our premiums for private insurance, not group insurance. But I also have to keep the premiums low because they can't afford to pay much but I thought that PPO premiums would probably be lower then my current Kaiser premiums. So any suggestions on the best company to go with and we will help me to have the least amount of out of pocket expenses?

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited I might actually get the birth experience I want!

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

#2 of 5 Old 01-02-2005, 02:34 AM

Best Start Birth Center is in the San Diego Area and has a wonderful reputation and great midwifes.The Encinitas area has Ama Mama which is a great holistic center.There is one in ORange COunty that is great but i will have to look up the site.
#3 of 5 Old 01-02-2005, 02:35 AM

Oh and if you call these places they will offer you the best choices for health insurance.
#4 of 5 Old 01-02-2005, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thaks for the tips. i live in corona (which is near Riverside) and i think i will go to the one in Irvine. I heared there are more in Orange county, but i'm not sure where. Is 30min too far for me to drive for prenatal? I will call them on Monday, thanks!

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

#5 of 5 Old 01-02-2005, 03:28 AM

http://www.socalbirth.org

This is a listing of many of the birth options in Southern CA. Here are the birth centers specifically http://www.socalbirth.org/providers/centers.htm

There is also a Yahoo Group for the LA area if you are interested.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page