Did you "go late?" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 01-14-2005, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD arrived between her LMP and ovulation due dates (23 Jan and 25 Jan, respectively), but the medwives sent me for accupuncture to make sure I didn't go past my due date (huuuuge baby scare -- ended up being 8.5# -- grr -- I refused their offer of cytotec) and they stripped my membranes. I don't know what would have happened had I been left alone. I ended up with a c/section because of their interference (malposition, etc.).

This time I'm HBACing. LMP says Aug 10. Ovulation date says Aug 14. Wood's method (takes into account my age and the fact that I'm having longer cycles since DD's birth) says Aug 20. We'll see :-) NEW midwife is not scared of big babies.

Alexia
#32 of 43 Old 01-14-2005, 05:44 PM

My earliest was 13 days "late". I've had 5 and they went like this: 14 days late, 14 days late, 16 days late, 13 days late, 16 days late. So I'm thinking I just always carry 2 weeks over and thats normal for me. So this time I am just adding the 2 weeks on and forget the whole post dates thing. I had no period so who'll be any the wiser?

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#33 of 43 Old 01-14-2005, 09:17 PM

-
#34 of 43 Old 01-15-2005, 01:46 PM

10 days late according to LMP, but according to my conception date, I was 6 days late (late being past 40 weeks - I happen to agree with an earlier post that 40 weeks is too soon!).
#35 of 43 Old 01-15-2005, 07:43 PM

"I happen to agree with an earlier post that 40 weeks is too soon!)."

The problem is even with practitioners of schools of thoughts that say up to 42 weeks is "normal" is that usually, once you pass 40 weeks there starts to preparation of "what ifs". What if you go past 42 weeks,,,what if????

So although the lip service may say it is okay to go at 42 weeks this is not reinforced by the way everyone responds.

Does anyone know how often a baby is just way too late? is there a reason everyone freaks about being"late". How many babies if women were just left alone would be be born late with negative consequences?
#36 of 43 Old 01-17-2005, 03:35 AM

Of my two natural births, my first daughter (thrid child) was born 6 days past my due date (no induction). My second daughter (fourth child) was bor 14 days past my due date (no induction). I knew my lmp with both pregnancys.
#37 of 43 Old 01-17-2005, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariM
I did end up taking a homeopathic remedy my CPM recommended though, to deal with anger issues I had related to DS's birth.
Can I ask what it was? Curious (and still angry :-))

Alexia
#38 of 43 Old 01-17-2005, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers
Does anyone know how often a baby is just way too late? is there a reason everyone freaks about being"late". How many babies if women were just left alone would be be born late with negative consequences?
Well it would be hard to tell because most are induced before hand, and then of course told, "It was a good thing we got that baby out when we did because..." Type of thing. I do know something like 30% of ob malpractice cases are because of postdates: http://www.phyins.com/pi/risk/minimize/postdates.html. Thats why there is such a push to induce. There are problems with True post dates, but they are rare, much more rare than prematurity. The sutures in the skull can close, so the head doesn't mold. Meconium aspiration chances increase in post dates (to about 30%...but induction also increases so there could be the connection), the baby can start to loose weight (yet at the same time they say the baby will be too big), fluid decreases (which can cause cord compression) and supposedly the placenta starts to deteriorate (though this is debatable).

A site post dates mommas might like is: http://www.birthlove.com/free/ten_month_mama.html

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#39 of 43 Old 01-17-2005, 09:26 PM

My son decided to come ten days after the due date. I always jsut knew that he was waiting until we were ready. We had "practice contractions" for three weeks before I gave birth- every night around 9 or 10, they would start, and we'd think- maybe this is it..... and it wasnt. SO, once we got 9 days past due date, the midwives had to send me for some testing- in case I got really late and needed to go to the hospital, they would get into trouble for not doing it- (I hadnt had any ultrasound all preg.) so Iwent to get ultrasound and fetal heart monitoring on the ninth day, and of course, when i was there- i lost my mucuos plug! so i knew he was coming - and all the tests came up fine
So, he was ten days past due. I was in tune with him, he was in tune with me. I just followed my intuition and i knew it would be fine in the end. it would go how it was meant to be.
Once we got 6 days past due, I got massage and accupuncture(she did treatments on the areas that supposedly will help labor begin)- didnt work for me. I started eating spicy foods, which i always loved- didnt bring on labor either.
I think part of it for me was psychological-needing to get to the point where I ABSOLUTELY had to get this baby out!!! I got so completely uncomfortable and huge I was really truly ready. I did all the reading I could have, and visualized and planned and dreamed ENOUGH! I was done with this pregnancy thing!! I hadnt felt that previously.
we were ready and it went beautifully and intensely, but manageable. truly my own, our own. on our own time, not the clock and calendars

homeschooling mama to 8 yr old biggrinbounce.gif with a new little one(5-5-2011) babyf.gif...  h20homebirth.gif

#40 of 43 Old 01-17-2005, 10:03 PM

Well, the lunar calander has me birthing this baby Feb. 25. My personal due date is Feb 20, LMP due date is Feb 10. We'll see. I counted back for the other kids and none of them came anywhere near what my lunar date would have been. Hmm.

Baby 1 - 5 days "over"

Baby 2 - on her due date

Baby 3 - 3 days early

Baby 4 - 5 days "over"

Baby 5 - 4 days early (induced)

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#41 of 43 Old 01-19-2005, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia
What does your midwife think? Will she go by your ovulation due date?
yep! that's the date we're going by for now. i've been measuring a week ahead (which is funny, lol), but we're still sticking with the later date! i highly doubt i'd get that from an ob.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#42 of 43 Old 01-19-2005, 03:45 PM

My 42 week and one day gestation baby will be two tomorrow.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#43 of 43 Old 01-24-2005, 04:21 PM

My first child was born 3 weeks late.
My 2nd was born 2 weeks late.
I think my due date could have been inaccurate with #1, but with #2 it was right on. Therefore, I must admit to myself I have pregnancies that go to 42 weeks. I am due again in late February, but know it could be well into March that we see this baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page