Supplies for stamping baby's footprints? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-24-2005, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all- I had an idea this week to stamp the baby's foot/handprints soon after birth. Having had 2 hospital births where they do that for you, I wonder what kind of stamp pad to get? Do I use a regular scrapbooking stamp pad? I don't want something that will be hard to wash off though! I know that I will get some nice, heavy archival paper.

So has anyone done this? What did you use? Thanks!!

Krista, crafty blogging mama to four
#2 of 11 Old 06-24-2005, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Regular scrapbooking stamp pads are GREAT - in fact, they're better than the "typical" baby footprinters! They come off easy with wipes.
#3 of 11 Old 06-25-2005, 12:04 AM

My midwife used a product called "kleen-print disposiable footprinter No. 3100".
It is a card with 2 footprint-sized plastic windows-ink on one side. You place the baby's foot on the side that has no ink and press down on paper. It leaves the imprint on the paper. It came from a company called Precision dynamics Corp.
#4 of 11 Old 06-25-2005, 12:08 AM

I forgot to mention that the "kleen-print" leaves the baby's foot clean without any ink to clean off-if the name doesn't make that clear.
#5 of 11 Old 06-25-2005, 12:19 AM

We carry the Kleen Print Footprinters and they are GREAT!! No ink comes in contact with the baby's skin at all. We also carry some very pretty keepsake birth certificates.

If you have any questions let me know.

www.preciousarrows.com

Jillian
homebirthing mama to 5
#6 of 11 Old 06-25-2005, 12:44 AM

we're getting this when we order our birth kit. we had a hospital birth for k and had footprints and a "birth certificate" and figured this baby deserved one as well!
#7 of 11 Old 06-25-2005, 02:29 PM

Oooo... I was thinking about this the other day. I think I might get the kit the pp mentioned w/ the "birth certificate" and foot print thing. Hmmm....

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#8 of 11 Old 06-25-2005, 08:43 PM

Hey Krista

I think we got an imprinter in our birth kit that came from http://www.inhishands.com. It worked ok...enough to get the job done.
#9 of 11 Old 06-25-2005, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have to say that one thing the rubber stamping pads have over the baby footprinters is that they're colored! so pretty! I usually do a birth certificate on my computer (no blanks to fill in) and do the baby's footprints in silver! It's really nice. Creating your own birth certificate is wonderful, too - you can add the names of siblings or phrases like "born gently in the water" or "born into his mama's hands", etc. With all the gorgeous paper that is out there with scrapbooking, the possibilities are endless.
#10 of 11 Old 06-26-2005, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies!

Heather- yeah, I saw the foot imprinter last night in my IHH catalog...but I've already got all my birth supplies so I don't really want to order such a small thing and pay shipping. The same with the other websites shared- but that is cool that those are available!

Pamamidwife- that is a great idea to design your own BC on the computer- I think we'll make a trip to the scrapbook store and get some supplies to do that.

Krista, crafty blogging mama to four
#11 of 11 Old 06-26-2005, 02:00 AM

If you end up using a stamp ink pad, get one that takes longer to dry. They're usually known as the embossing pads. Some ink pads will stain for a while but these stay wet long enough for you to use them & wipe them off without leaving anything behind.

Pam, what you do sounds beautiful! I love the idea of doing the baby's prints in silver....so unique!

Shannon

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page