Found out my coworker is planning to homebirth! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2005, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
It was a slow day at work today and I found out yesterday from my mom that my sister's baby is coming on Wednesday (probably via C-section she said since his head is stuck up in her ribs... but I wont' go into my feelings on that here). So since we were on the subject of babies and C-sections I casually mentioned that I didn't want to have my children by major abdominal surgery. My coworker M thought that once you had one, you had to always have one and I told her it depends on a lot of things, etc. Then she said that she was going to have her babies at home. !!! I was excited and so I said "Me TOO! Rock on!" and gave her a hi-five. LOL. The office is tiny anyway (just me and her and one other girl and then our male boss) so I was totally not expecting someone with that mindset. Since we are in Missouri I let her know about the yukky midwife law we have right now and she told me about one of her cousins (I think) who had her first baby unassisted. It was so cool.

Of course, she isn't even engaged yet (but probably will be before the year is up), and my hubby and I are trying to pay off some debt before we TTC, so any babies for us are in the far future, but it was still cool to know that we both have the same birthing goals. The third girl came back inside from a break while we were talking about it and asked what we were talking about, and I told her "future birth stories". LOL.

Anyway I just wanted to share how excited I was. It'll be neat to have her to support me and not nag and stuff since I need all the support I can get. (Hubby is on board with it, and in-laws are... but my own family is not supportive).

Andrea
TTA until Decemberish

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2005, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is very neat when you find someone else with the same ways as your own. And it is even neater to find then in people you already know and had no idea!

My bestfriends mom told me after I had Remy at home that she had her babies at home. 1 with a midwife and the rest unassisted. I was beaming from ear to ear. She and I chatted about it for a while after. I never knew!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Write your senators. There is a bill in MO right now to help with the legalization of non CNM midwives. It passed the House and is in the Senate.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?

User Tag List