I'm an aunt this morning again... from my sister's non-homebirth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-10-2005, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Mom called me this afternoon to relate my sister's experience the past few days. Only makes me want a homebirth more and more and more. Good thing DH is still on board for that.

Anyway my sis was due on Thursday, and since her doc wouldn't "let" her go past 40 weeks she went in for an induction on Friday morning. Nothing happened all day so she had Cervadil all night and Pitocin again all day Saturday. She was progressing, but it was very slow and she ended up with a C-section this morning. Mom said that he was crying before he was even out all the way and that he is a champion nurser already so that is a good thing. My other sis had a C-section with her baby too and he was too sleepy, etc to nurse so she never could do it with him. When mom told my first sis that this new baby was nursing already my first sis was jealous of that.

But anyway to relate this to homebirthing, lol. The comment that her doc wouldn't "let" her go past 40 weeks is what irks me most about the situation. I'm pretty much already expecting to be "late" with my baby when/if we are blessed with one since Mom was 2 weeks late when she had me, my first sis was 2 weeks late w/ her baby (and still ended up with a C-section after a failed induction), and who knows how late this new nephew would be if her doctor would have "let" her go a little later.

But I am happy that everyone is doing fine, considering. And hopefully this new birth will allow my mom to forget that hubby and I are planning a homebirth since she is not supportive of that. Hopefully she will be after the birth though.

That is all for now.

Andrea
TTA until Decemberish

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2005, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What irks me is babies come when they are ready. Why is there such a big emphasis on due date? And then such a rush to get baby out before too many days have passed?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:28 AM

Unless she is beginning to think sections are normal
Anyway,congrats on being an aunt, but for future reference, remember that the first two weeks the litttle wheel shows when they check due dates, the woman isn't even pg yet! so a 40 week pg, she shows up as 42 on the calendar! and a 42 week pg is not abnormal, some babies just like to cook a little longer.You can do some things like fetal kick counts and stuff like that, so you can keep track of the baby'e well-being...
Old 07-13-2005, 02:43 AM

Well I can only guess that your two sisters will be jealous of you when they see how quickly you recover from a non-c-section birth!

As well as how healthy and awake your baby is at birth rather than being completely drugged up on epidurals and other drugs.

User Tag List