How can I rent a tub for waterbirth at home? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 02-02-2002, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sure I can find it for you someplace else.... look for another post from me tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 48 Old 02-02-2002, 04:30 AM

We had the hot water heater turned way up several days before I was due, with a hose attached to the sink. (You can get an attachment) I did'nt care to have any extra hot water in the tub while I was labering, that was hard work and I was hot, hot, hot! The hot water had to be added for the baby when I started pushing. Good luck!
#33 of 48 Old 02-02-2002, 03:47 PM

#34 of 48 Old 02-03-2002, 04:15 AM

Thank you, I Love My Boy! You're brilliant & very sweet! It's ordered.
#35 of 48 Old 02-03-2002, 11:27 PM

<eek> I wonder if I got the last one?? I ordered mine after reading this thread on Friday. Well, I am glad that you found somewhere else to order it. Thanks for the tip everyone. This will save us big $$ and I'm sure the kiddies will love playing in it after it's already fulfilled it's origanial purpose!
#36 of 48 Old 02-04-2002, 06:30 PM

Ok now...I'm trying not to take this as a sign but dmart just e-mailed me that they are sold out of the Aquarium pool. Now what!?! I Love My Boy??? You gonna save me again?
#37 of 48 Old 02-04-2002, 07:22 PM

I don't feel so bad now. I got an e-mail yesterday saying that redspools couldn't process my order because they were sold out. I thought okay, so I will go to the other place. I got my "sorry" e-mail from them this morning as well. So Organicmama, it looks like we are both in the same place, still without birthing pools. I have been looking all of the web and can't seem to find to 60" anywhere, maybe I will start calling around about the 77" one. Let me know if you have any luck and I will do taht same!
#38 of 48 Old 02-04-2002, 07:22 PM

Hmmm, well, here is the toll free number for the manufacturer:
(800)234-6839

They might be able to tell you the location of a place near you that carries them, or maybe you can even order directly from them. Other than that... geez, I'll look around online some more. Must be the time of year? Hey, I'll even call the place here where I got mine and see if they have any left in stock. I'm in Canada, but maybe they would ship it to you.
#39 of 48 Old 02-04-2002, 07:37 PM

Bless your heart, I Love My Boy.
#40 of 48 Old 02-04-2002, 07:48 PM

Well, I just called the number. They were not able to give me any retailers in the area and they could only give me one website that might still have them. The web site is www.qualityinflatibles.com . They do have a 60 incher, it looks a bit different from the ones I had been seeing on other sites (the rim is blue not teal), but it seems to have the same discription, so I ordered it. I haven't gotten a "we're sorry" e-mail yet, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Organicmama, go check it out!
#41 of 48 Old 02-04-2002, 08:23 PM

I ordered one! Thanks MamaMel! Wow, I hope 3rd times a charm! This is wearin' me out! hehe
#42 of 48 Old 02-05-2002, 01:35 AM

Yippie!!!! I just got my shipping confirmation e-mail..I think that's probably a good sign!

Is anyone else doing anything to prepair their tubs? I am planning on inflating mine and then letting it air out in the yard for a while. I can't stand that overly strong smell of new plastic..yuck, I can't even imagine it during labor... What do you think would be good to use to clean it after it sits outside for a couple of weeks? hmm...I guess I will have to think about that...

Well, I'm just glad to have finally found one .
#43 of 48 Old 02-05-2002, 04:37 PM

That's great news, I'm glad you guys found something!!

We blew ours up and did a "wet" run, just to make sure we knew how long it took to inflate, how long it took to fill, and how long the water stayed warm. It aired out really quickly and I felt better knowing how the whole scene would play out. We didn't do anything to clean it out - I didn't want any soaps or any residue left behind, so basically it was just rinsed out with the water.

Emptying it was good practice too, because dh knew that was going to be his job (yuck, btw - not to gross you out too much but since he didn't get to that until the next day it was quite an unpleasant job for him. He had named it Lake FrankenStank by the time it was done)

Anyway, we left it inflated - I highly recommend this if you have room - and it took about an hour to fill... hmm, no it couldn't have been that long... maybe 40 minutes? We used a hose from the kitchen sink. It stayed warm for the entire hour that we left it set up, and I got in to soak for a bit - it was wonderful. You will love yours!

Happy waterbirthing, all of you!!!!!

(oh, p.s., If you leave it to air out outside, I would be careful that it isn't in any kind of damp location where it could pick up any mold)
#44 of 48 Old 02-05-2002, 07:38 PM

I got my Aquarium pool today!!! Woohoo!!! I'm SO excited! It came really quickly. I just ordered it...YESTERDAY afternoon!?! I had to look back & double check. That just doesn't seem possible, does it!?! Of course, they're in CA somewhere & so am I. Pretty wild, huh?

Thanks for all the help. Now that's one less thing to worry about. Of course, my boys want to set it up & try it out. I told them we have to keep it clean for the baby.

One of the midwives in the area that I talked to said to buy a new hose so it would be as clean as possible. I hadn't thought of that. Also, I wouldn't leave it outside where a bird could poop in it or a stray cat could get in it or who knows what. I'm going to air mine out in the garage. I can't decide whether to rise it with just hot water or maybe use some of my organic dish soap that has grapefruit seed extract in it to help kill germs.

I Love My Boy, how did he empty it? That remains a mystery to me...
#45 of 48 Old 02-05-2002, 07:44 PM

I tried to get the homeschooling supply link to open & it told me I wasn't authorized to open that page. I'm just about to order some homeschooling stuff for my 5 y.o. & thought I'd check it out. Any suggestions? Thanks!
#46 of 48 Old 02-05-2002, 09:45 PM

Hi, please email me about the homeschooling stuff and I will answer you right away. I don't think I'm allowed to discuss my business in the threads...??? I did that once and my post was erased. Our webhost server went down so our site has been down for three days now. grrrr... email me and I'll tell you what we carry.

Awesome that you got your pool already! Dh emptied ours using a drill-powered syphon. We got it at the hardware store and it worked pretty well. It has a little motor in the center and then two threaded pipe parts sticking out on each side. You hook up the garden hose to one end of the syphon with the other end of the hose in the water, and then to the other end of the syphon you put another length of hose long enough to reach to your sink or bathtub where you will empty the water. Then, you use a regular drill and stick it into the provided hole in the syphon's motor section. Turn the drill on and it spins the motor, and presto, starts to syphon all the water out of the pool into the tub or sink.

Thing is, it was pretty loud and slow. Dh got almost all of it out that way, and then carried the pool to the bathroom to drain and rinse it out. We live in a tiny downtown loft so we didn't have a yard to haul it out into.

We bought a new garden hose and some other short bit of plumbing hose. You might want to bring a bit of your kitchen sink faucet (or whatever faucet you are using to fill the pool up with) with you when you buy the hoses. We had to purchase an additional attachment threading thingy to make it fit.

Talk to you later!

#47 of 48 Old 02-06-2002, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I was speaking to a midwife who uses an old waterbed heater. I don't know how that would work, but it seems worth a go. Sounds better than adding hot water continuously.
#48 of 48 Old 02-18-2002, 02:02 PM

I ordered my kiddie pool for labor.Found it cheap for 24.46(that
includes the shipping).I had planned on giving that to dd later whether I use
it or not,but it looks rather small so after reading the reviews on the 90x22
at eopinions I got the big one for $44.26(shipping is a killer at 14.85).
The one midwife supply center sells them for 40 and 60 for the big
one(shipping not included) so I figure I did ok.Walmart/toy stores don't have
them out yet,so I don't know if I would have saved that way or not.
Click
here: Intex inflatable swimming pools, family and kids inflatable swim pools
http://qualitytrading.com
http://qualityinflatables.com/poolsfamily.html

Sara
Nimet UC 2-9-99
edd 5-7

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page